“Very pleasant, excellent location”

Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Reviewed May 22, 2008

There are not many reasonably priced hotels near Mount Dora. The Comfort Inn was a pleasant surprise and we would come back here in a hearbeat. We had a lovely room on the second floor facing the small lake with an outstanding view of the sunset. There is also a small gazebo built out onto the lake for a quiet "sit". The room was quite large with 2 queen sized beds. The hotel staff was very pleasant. The lobby, grounds, room, pool area and breakfast area was clean clean clean. Breakfast (included) was simple but very sufficient. There were hardboiled eggs, bagels, pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and the best, freshly made waffles. Delicious. A staffer kept all little drips and crumbs immediately cleaned up, and tables wiped down quickly and onobtrusively. For $75/night all inclusive, I couldn't be more pleased. The proximity to so many activities in the area makes it a wonderful "home base".

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank lunajoy

Reviewed August 15, 2007

We had a nice one bedroom suite with balcony overlooking a small lake. Motel is older but had been updated. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was very nice. Breakfast wasn't much.

Next door is Froggers bar and restaurant - good live entertainment on the Saturday and Sunday night we we there.

Short drive into Mt. Dora, but don't bother riding the Inland Lakes excursion train in Mt. Dora - a waste of time and money.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank desmon
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We were a little hesitant to stay here because of some of the prior reviews, but because we were only doing an overnighter in Mount Dora and my husband and I are not the B&B types, we thought we would give it a shot.

This hotel is ideally located. Near all the conveniences of home (Walmart, Target, CVS) but @ a five minute drive to historic downtown Mt. Dora, if you take the back roads on Eudora Road. Right next door an old Italian restaurant will be opening as a Frogger's restaurant in the near future.

If you can ignore the customer "no-service" at the front desk, (I mean they will give you whatever you need if you ask for it,) but noone seems very happy there. We were very much pleasantly surprised by our "suite" room (#15) in the back building. All the suite rooms have the front door facing the parking lot for easy unpacking access and a back door facing the most peaceful and relaxing lake on the hotel property. The morning of our checkout we actually spent about an hour trying to coax the baby gator up to the shore for photos. (He does exist!)

The room itself was not exactly elegant, but it was definitely clean and spacious with a living room area, bedroom, dorm-size fridge (for leftovers), microwave and coffeemaker. I almost expect these when I am traveling these days, so for these amenities alone it makes the suite dollars worth it, though it really wasn't that much more than a standard room. Oh yeah, there were also TWO televisions! I don't know how important that is to many of you, but with the football playoffs and my husband a rabid fan, it gave me an opportunity to go into the "living room" area, close the "bedroom" door and have options to watch my own shows while getting ready to walk the quaint streets of Mt. Dora.

One more thing. We thought the breakfast would be just toast, cereal and donuts, but they actually had hardboiled eggs, make your own waffles, apples, bananas, etc. Not the best I've had while traveling, but certainly substantial enough to get us through to lunchtime where we could spend a few extra bucks in town. The lady filling up the breakfast items did seem to enjoy her job and she certainly kept things filled up as they ran low.

We would definitely have no problems staying here again and my one regret is that we didn't have more time to stay this weekend or get to try out the pool or hottub! ;-)

Cin D. B.

P.S. They also have suites with hottubs (for two) in the rooms, but at the time we made reservations they were unavailable.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Cin D. B.
Reviewed April 23, 2006

This place was not even worth the government rate of $68. The room was smelled old and moldy. The sheets and bedspread were worn out and smelled foul. The pool was dirty and got little use. As for the jacuzzi it was out of order the 2 nights I stayed there. My advice would be to seek shelter elsewhre.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank arniskid
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Feb. 26-28
We stayed here 3 nights. The hotel is on a main highway but was really quiet. We never heard the traffic at all. There is a tangerine orchard on the far side of the motel. So of course we picked some. Yum! There is an Italian restaurant right beside the motel, too. On the other side of the motel, where are room was, is a lake. I was really nice to look out your window and see this beautiful little lake. The linens are a bit worn but clean. The house keeper was a sweet lady. She couldn't have been nicer. I talked with here every day. Very nice.

2  Thank owlice
Reviewed January 16, 2006

Stayed in Comfort Inn 1/13 and 1/14 the suite with the hot tub in the room. Had 'do not disturb' sign on room so asked for towels from front desk @ 2pm on 1/14. By 6:30 pm no one showed, so I called up to front desk again; was told -- I'll call you right back - they did not. Had to go to Walmart and purchase towels for our stay - kind of p----- me off. Upon checkout when asked how everything was I explained about the towels situation and they did give a discount, but screwed up the billing and still not sure what they charged for the room. Was told the boss would fix the numerous credits & debits to the card and would mail me the corrected receipt. We liked the 2 person hot tub in the room, but I would suggest bringing your own towels !!

2  Thank JulieWannaBeMe
A TripAdvisor Member
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2005

On November 20, 2005, at I stopped in and made a reservation with Comfort Inn in Mt. Dora, Florida for January 28, 2006 at the rate of $71.99 and received a printout with the confirmation #193842 from a young lady. Upon my arrival home about two hours later, I found I had made a mistake on the date and phoned the Inn. I spoke with a different person, Joann, and reserved the room for January 21, 2006 and the rate at the same rate of $71.99, same confirmation number. The next day, November 21, 2005, someone called my home and left a message that the price was incorrect and that the price should be $103.99. I phoned the motel and was advised by a Niya? That the rate quoted was incorrect and that the price is $103.99, and gave me the reason that it was because they had a big convention in town that weekend.

It appears that I am being “bumped” out of my room by raising the price because of the convention. If I was quoted the rate of $71.99 by two different people and confirmed by both, then something is terribly wrong with your staff if two of your staff can’t quote the correct price to someone.

I am not happy with this Comfort Inn and the way they are doing business. I cannot afford this high price and canceled the reservation. Now I am being force to look for a more reasonable priced motel that will not jump my rates after being confirmed. This is a poor way to do business.

Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora? Share your experiences!