“roaches in bath tub and beds”

Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Reviewed May 30, 2012

place is clean but had roaches in bath tub and in the bed in 2 seperate rooms

Room Tip: don't let clean look trick you roaches in the room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alex c

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Not a bunch of options in Mt. Dora on certain weekends, so this will work in a pinch, but set your expectations accordingly. The weekend we were there - due to an issue in our reservation at another hotel - this was the only room available - so we were thrilled to not have to sleep in the car. We were in town for a small sailing regatta on Lake Eustis, and were exhausted after a day on the lake. I don't want my desperation to cloud an objective review that others might rely on when making an informed decisions - so here is what I would say are the pros / cons.

Pros: large clean rooms that have a front and a back door facing the water with a small patio, coffee maker, small fridge, nice view of lake, they have a pool, I didn't see any bugs (but being from FL, I may be desensitized), our room was quiet, and breakfast is the right price (free)

Cons: slightly dated, other hotel guests likely use outdoor patio as smoking porches, which is where other travelers are likely referring to the musty smell, breakfast area is small, but get there early and you won't have a problem.

In short - not bad for a 'get-in/get-out' sort of stay. If you are going to use the pull out couch - save yourself a trip back and get the sheets when you are checking in, management might want to consider keeping these sheets in the room, a fairly common practice.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Guild6
Reviewed April 24, 2012

At the last minute, several friends and I decided to go to the Renninger's Antique Extravanganza! in Mount Dora. There were no rooms anywhere, everything was booked! So we booked two rooms at this property and we were not disappointed. It was a bit older, and of course the pics are always construed for the best possible impression, but overall, not bad. Clean, kept up, fridge and microwave, new TV, everything we needed for a night. Employees were friendly and the breakfast was decent. The rate seemed a little steep compared to other properties, but I guess that is what we get for booking last minute!

Room Tip: Not all rooms face the water, but the rooms that don't are probably quieter...although I didn...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I checked into our room and the firswt thing I smell is a musty stale odor. The bathroom looked dirty. I called down stairs and they changed my room for a small up charge which I was happy about. When I got into that room there were no sheets for the pull out bed. I called and was told I had to come get the sheets. On returning my daughters told me there were spiders in the sink. Not a big deal But when I saw the bigger bug in the tub I was totally grossed out and immediately packed up all our belongings and checked out!!!!!!! Never again will I go back

Room Tip: dont skimp when it comes to saving a dollar for a nice room!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Abby B
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Room overlooked a large lake and it was great to wake up to this view.Room was usual Quality Inn.Asked for quiet room if possible.GFiven toom at top of steps to 2nd floor so everybody had to pass us to get to rooms. I sometimes think they do not read requests and the computer just gives you your room and they do not bother to check. Breakfast room was so small so it got quite busy in the morning and some people had to stand in the reception area. Pool was cold.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking lake.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sussexray
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Room was clean but outdated. Although we did have a non-smoking room, it still had a musty, cigarrette smell. We just needed somewhere to lay our heads for the night. Although the room was basic, the front desk staff on both morning and evening shifts provided friendly and fantastic service.We prefer more of a resort experience, but the accomodations were reasonable for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days. The room was clean. We faced the lake it was really pretty. Carpet was really clean. Bathroom was clean but out dated. Overall great motel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2 mi away
Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora? Share your experiences!