“Pleasant afternoon break”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

A delightful little place with a nice outdoor patio. The waiter was especially attentive and creative. We had a castle, creme brulet and teas.

There are newer reviews for Cecile's French Corner

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had crepes and were very surprised with the quality and quantity for a little restaurant with mostly outdoor seating. Wait staff was fun and the entertainment was great.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our first evening in Mount Dora, as we walked past Cecele's French Corner, we felt disappointed because we thougt it was only open for lunch and it was around 6 p.m. and we weren't sure where do eat. But the "OPEN" sign was visable and I saw a server walking and I asked "Are you still open?"
Her name was Wednesday and she made our day!
We took a table along the walkway and celebrated by ordering a small cheese plate, Cecile's Special and a crepe each. Very generous and more than we could handle but who cares?
Our "wait person" (Yes, her name was Wednesday) was warm and friendly and delightful and the service was great!
And the food was delicious and perfect. Our compliments to the chef!
There are several excellent restaurants in the small downtown area and the shopping is eclectic and fun.
But do yourself a favor and try Cecile's.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to Cecile's on Saturday, February 15th for a late lunch. I was somewhat dubious considering some of the previous reviews; however, I was pleasantly surprised. Luckily, the "Pale old server" wasn't there. Our waitress was very friendly and outgoing.
I ordered the French Onion Soup and Normandy Crepe, my dining partner also had the French Onion Soup and Chicken Brie Salad.
The onion soup was very good. The broth was rich and flavorful with plenty of onion. Although I'm a cheese lover, many places "over cheese" their onion soup; not so at Cecile's. The crock had a nice coating of melted Swiss cheese, but not so much that it was difficult to eat like some places. The Normandy Crepe was great! No shortage of white meat chicken in a very flavorful cream sauce that wasn't bland by any stretch of the imagination. The crepe was light and done correctly. It was square, which (unlike some reviewers) didn't bother me one whit! I took the remainder of the crepe home and had it for breakfast the following day.
The Chicken Brie Salad was also enjoyed. No shortage of chicken or Brie, and a sprinkling of dried cranberries.
Don't expect to find a seat, order, and be done in a short period of time; service was friendly but relaxed, as it should be in my opinion. If you're in a hurry, find a McDonald's.
I'll have no problem returning to Cecile's.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

WE got there at 10:30. I had called the night before and asked when they opened they told me 10am because it was a holiday. The waitress made us coffee and took our order. After 1/2 hour we saw the cook come in. We were led to believe that the cook was there. WE waited a total hour for tough skimpy crepes.I will never go back there. I wish the waitress would have just said they are not open.