“Bon Appetit”

Cecile's French Corner
Ranked #43 of 115 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: French
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Florida
“Bon Appetit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved eating outside. I had the chicken and mushroom with cream sauce crepe which was delicious. A cup of the brie and mushroom soup, also good and of course the banana, walnut and chocolate crepe. YUMO!!

Visited April 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“So bad, we just had to laugh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

It was a rather cool day, so we choose to sit inside. The waiter, an elderly man that looked pale and his demeanor was bored, came over to us. We greeted him in French, and he muttered that the only French he knew was in high school about "a hundred years ago". (I believe him.). I won't labor on and on, but it went downhill from then on. The service was terrible (waited over an hour before we were served a simple salad and crepe), he was incredibly rude, seemed to be utterly disgusted that we were bothering him. The other waitress was the only one actually hustling about doing her work, but seemed also to be mad and disgusted. And we can't forget listening to all the arguing the was coming from the kitchen. The food was okay, but certainly not worth the agony.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lynette A
Sarasota
“Delicious Crepes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

During the recent downtown art festival I took a welcome break at Cecile's. I think the main attraction of this restaurant is the setting--lovely and comfortable outdoor seating, all shaded. I enjoyed iced tea and peach crepes. I wouldn't dare compare a little cafe in Mt. Dora with a Parisian restaurant because they are world apart. The staff was friendly and the atmophere very relaxing.

• Visited March 2013
Orlando
“So bad it was funny”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I love french food and have been to Paris and France often. Cecile's looked inviting. When we sat down the waiter, who looked like death warmed over, came over and sat down at the table. I asked what kind of wines they had, his reply was "they are from all over" I asked if they had a Chianti Classico but what he brought me was swill. This is the worst waiter I have ever had, but he was so bad it was funny. It seemed a contest to see how slow he could walk. We just couldn't wait to see what he would do next. A couple approached him and asked how long the wait would be and his reply was "how the hell would I know?" The food, when it finally came was mediocre. The quiche's were ok, but in store bought crusts. We had to hunt him down for the check and he gave us the wrong one. Then he went over to the table he had given ours to and snatched it from the man who was looking it over. A note to the owner: I would be ashamed to be associated with this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Racer042
Tampa, FL
“Good Food at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped in for an early dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant is located in the center of town and offers live music. The food was traditional french fare. We had crepes and a french bread with brie, cranberries and walnuts. We were pleasantly surprised by the prices. You can get a dinner for two for $25 or less.

• Visited March 2013