“Nice setting but food was so-so”

Cecile's French Corner
Ranked #45 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Mount Dora, Florida
“Nice setting but food was so-so”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Cecilles is a nice place to sit outside and relax. However, it is too bad that smoking is allowed as the non-smokers have to deal with the smell while eating their meal. We had the chicken and brie sandwich which was served on a good baguette. Enjoyed the sandwich but the chicken and brocolli crepe was not to my liking. First off, it was visually unappealing. I expected the filling to be flavorful but found it lacking. The brocolli was frozen. There was no sauce. The cheddar cheese was a solidified mess and the chicken was tiny and unimpressive. I did not think it was worth $11.95.
We will go back and try the cheese platter we keep hearing about. I do wish the wine list was more descriptive. "Merlot-French" does not clarify what type of wine. It's like saying "we have red or white wine".

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Dee1222

Florida
“My favorite spot!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Have visited a couple of times in the last month when busy and not so busy. I could sit outside all day and listen to the singer ( I wish I knew his name ) eat, drink, relax and people watch. Food is delicious!

Tampa
“Good food slow service”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Food was really good but it took over an hour to get served. Most likely wont go back even though our server was excellent. If you go you will enjoy the food but be prepared to stay awhile.

Visited October 2012
“Your usual French café”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

It has a very pretty atmosphere outside but I sat inside and it felt like a smaller room with pictures just scattered on the walls and eat somewhat close to one another. Their menu was smaller with was fine and had a lot of good stuff on it. The service wasn't too good and fast at getting what I needed but I did visit at a busy time so if its slower then maybe their service is better. If you're down their and not in a hurry try sitting outside and eating.

Poughkeepsie, NY
“Our favorite spot”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We live in Mount Dora and love stopping in at Cecile's for a French lunch; we especially recommend the chicken saga sandwich -- and our visitors love the quiches and the crepes. The personnel is very accommodating and agreeable! The beer from Alsace is delicious. The outdoor terrace is shaded by huge old trees. The whole experience is just relaxing and just right.

• Visited September 2012