“A GREAT Bed & Breakfast!”

Mount Dora Historic Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
South Florida
“A GREAT Bed & Breakfast!”
Reviewed March 4, 2007

This was our first experience at an American B&B and we were delighted with our choice. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. The hosts, Jim and Ana, were amazing! Friendly and helpful, they even made dinner reservations for us and recommended certain places. We brought our own wine, and Ana was glad to pour it for us in her wine glasses and bring us napkins. We enjoyed the front porch and the upstairs balcony. Jim is a gourmet cook and he prepared wonderful breakfasts every morning: sweet potato pancakes, stuffed french toast(using homemade baguettes). They even had umbrellas available for our use. During a rainy late afternoon, we sat in the parlor and relaxed. Newspapers are available everyday, also. We have already made our reservations for next year's Antique Extravaganza!

Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
florida
Reviewed February 25, 2007

For years I've been meaning to visit Mt. Dora and stay at one of their B&Bs, but I never seemed to get around to doing it. Finally this past february I made reservations at the Mt. Dora Historic Inn, and all I can say is WOW! I had a fabulous time with two absolutely amazing hosts. The conversation was great. The food was delicious and the rooms were beautiful, comfortable and clean. To top it off, the Inn is only a short walk from many of the main shops and restaurants. Mt. Dora is a beautiful town to visit.
I can't wait to go back...

• Liked — the location and the hosts
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2006

Was on vacation for R&R, and everything was more than I expected from the moment I walked in the Inn. New owners, Ana and Jim, are a great team; from welcoming you, fixing excellent breakfast, keeping the place clean and uncluttered and directing you to the right spots... and the coffee was out of this world and hot!! My room was very comfortable and neat. Had not slept so "at peace" in a long, long time. Will definitely go back next month for more R&R. Mount Dora is such a darling place that I hated to leave.

• Liked — Comfort and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Couldn't find anything to complain about.
  • Tips/Secrets — The Inn and the owners make this place one of a kind...the best kind!! Plan your next getaway there.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Great Place!! The new owners Jim & Ana are professional yet personable. Jim does the cooking and with great enthusiasm. I just mentioned my love for Eggs Benedict. Even though this was not planned for the menu Jim prepared them and was the best I have ever eaten. Ana works hard at keeping the Inn clean and decorated. Great team and will do well at bringing back repeat guests. We are looking forward to our next trip to Mt. Dora and our stay at the Inn.

• Liked — Food, service, location
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Stayed Jun 30 (2 nights) read reviews on Tripadvisor before booking. I found the Inn to be small but clean, bed comfortable, and good location to historic downtown Mt. Dora. Breakfast is promptly served at 8:30 a.m. There's not much of a selection - you eat what they decide to cook that morning (a couple small baked hot dishes, coffee, tea - nothing fresh like fruit or bagels). The negative's we felt - There are no machines on site for water, ice, soda's etc. We were told to drink the tap water - it was good enough. If you wanted ice - you had to ask the owners for some from their freezer. And there are no TV's or Radio's in room. I would check out one of the other B&B's next visit - I feel you should get more amenities for the money.

4 Thank Debbie S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2006

I think Mt. Dora Historic Inn is the quintessential b&b experience. The owners are very helpful and could suggest a lot of differernt things to do in and around the city. I also planned on doing short road trips away from Mount Dora, and the owners were really helpful in providing alternate routes to the big expressways. The breakfast was delicious--I don't understand why the fact that it's all baked should affect my view of it. It was a pleasure to sit with the other people staying at the inn and chat. The room was quiet and beautifully decorated. It was a really, really nice stay.

• Stayed November 2005
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2005

We stayed at the Inn for a long weekend and we found it to be a wonderful B&B. Our room was spotless with beautiful fresh linens each day. It was quiet and private. The hosts were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Breakfast was incredible. Everything was fresh baked and so many choices! Definitely something for everyone. The Inn was full and we met some delightful people. The location is perfect. I don't understand the previous review. The Inn is small so there is a small dining area but totally adequate and comfortable. There are no tv's which is great by me - that's what getting away is all about. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005