“Great B & B in Mt Dora”
Review of Farnsworth House

Farnsworth House
Ranked #4 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently stayed at Farnsworth House and really liked the accomodations. I moved from another B & B due to a very bad experience and the Farnsworth innkeepers took me in with no reservation or advance notice. They immediately made me feel welcome and comfortable. The home is clean and updated. The innkeepers, Kim and Soren were so pleasant, perfectly attentive while at the same time allowing for our privacy. Would highly recommend this B & B

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 16, 2013

we had a terrible experience at unnamed bed and breakfast. I was desperate to find another place. Farnsworth House was recommend to us and was the best thing to happen on our trip. Kim and Soren were great. It was decorated very nicely, clean, and we had robes and slippers in the closet for us.They even had snacks in the room! I brought bottle of wine; they let us use their wine opener and wine glasses. Breakfast was great. I guess the best way to sum it all up, is you felt like you were a special guest in someones house. I have to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wonderful, Attentive Service at this Charming B&B - Kim & Soren paid attention to all the details. Every room, from the parlor, to dining room, our bedroom & even the bit of the kitchen we peeked into are immaculate! Stayed in the Bamboo room on the first floor. It was perfect for a mother & daughter exploring Mt. Dora.
The location is perfect: close enough to walk to dinner & poke around town and just far enough away to provide a restful retreat to start or end your day.
We highly recommend staying at Farnsworth House with Kim & Soren. You'll have a wonderful & generous breakfast and you'll begin looking forward to your next stay before you even leave.

Room Tip: My mom & I traveled together & stayed in the Bamboo Room. It was perfect. We each had our o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently stayed at Farnsworth House for 4 days and very much enjoyed my stay. Owners delightful and very accommodating. The inn is very clean and comfortable located in a residential setting with an easy walk to downtown shopping and restaurants. Kim suggested I visit the Palm Island Park in town and it was amazing. Be sure to visit. I would definitely return and stay there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in the carriage house for 3 nights and enjoyed 3 wonderful breakfasts! There was a menu provided each evening so that you could choose from a variety of breakfast items for the next morning. The kitchenette was an added bonus with complimentary snacks. There were plush white bath robes and new white slippers provided. Each day we would arrive to a freshly made bed, replenished snacks, a clean kitchen and fresh towels. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but the gracious hosts, cozy quarters, beautiful landscaping and the quaint feel of the home made it a wonderful stay. Thank you Soren and Kim ~ you were most gracious! Jesse & Heather

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

wonderful place to stay. owner were on site every day making sure we had everything we needed. we stayed in the azeala suite and it was beautiful, nice porch outside very roomy. bed was little on the stiff side

Room Tip: azeala or canary are both great.. however on our stay there was no tv in the azeala,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I had heard about Mount Dora for quite sometime, as it is about a two hour drive from us. We are so glad we found the Farnsworth house to stay at. The owners Kim and Soren are so sweet. They made us feel like their home was our home! My husband and I stayed in the Country room in the Carriage house. It was cute and quaint with its own entrance and little mini kitchen. We were there for four days, so our three breakfasts were very good. They offered us coffee/tea on our way in and some cookies at night :) They are there to tend to your needs but still give you your space. It was nice to sit on the outside furniture and enjoy the weather. You won't be sorry if you stay here! We will be back.

Room Tip: Whether you stay in the carriage house (which is only a few steps to the main house or in the main h...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Magnolia Inn B&B
Magnolia Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Mount Dora
Heron Cay Lakeview Bed & Breakfast

Been to Farnsworth House? Share your experiences!