“Grease puddle”

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #37 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit. Definite disappointment since it was good the first time. The pizza came to the table and when we lifted a piece up you could see a puddle of grease. The chef salad with ranch dressing was good. The manager was notified. He did offer to make another one but we had lost our apoetite and he did give a refund.

1  Thank AprilA98
There are newer reviews for Mellow Mushroom

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We went to the Mellow Mushroom about a week after it opened and it was packed. The staff was out strait and the gluten free pizzas took a while. This was my first MM experience and the pizzas were pretty good. The gluten free crust was super tasty (the best I've tried and I've tried a lot of them) but a bit overdone. The toppings and sauce were excellent. I've since gone to another MM and found that with experience their gluten free pizza can be amazing. The atmosphere at the Mt. Dora store is a lot of fun and uses all recycled materials. Kudos to the artist who did all the sculptures!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nice atmosphere, and pizza was great but a bit pricey. My wife ordered a glass of red wine for $5 and it seems like she was shorted on the amount of wine poured. If we go again, it will be 2 waters and no beer or wine.

1  Thank Florida633
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The thing that stood out the most at our visit was our waiter Nick. He was super nice and checked on us a lot, even telling us up front how long he thought our food would be. It was a very busy night. I'm not sure, did the place just open? We had to park quit a bit away for all the people that were there but we did not wait long for a table. We had about 25 min. wait on the food but it really wasn't a big deal to us that night since we had met family there that we hadn't seen in a long time, so the time was filled with catching up with them. We did order an appetizer so that helped make the wait for the food bearable. Would try it again if we were in the area, maybe at a different time of day to beat the crowds.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We went to the new Mellow Mushroom in Mount Dora when they had been open about a week. Overall I would say that they have a few kinks to work out (pretty typical for so new a place). The two main pointers I have are as follows: 1) PLEASE train your servers not to pass food over the heads of babies or set down hot plates/drinks etc in front of them. 2) there must have been eight employees in the front of the restaurant, but they seemed more focused on socializing with each other than with doing any actual work. I stood there for almost a full minute before any of them realized I was right there in front of them. The only other thing I would tweak a little is the volume of the music - it was loud enough to make it hard to hear our server and each other. We got cheesy bread, a Caesar salad, and a small pizza and they were all very good - on par with other locations we've been to. We didn't imbibe, but they have an extensive list of draft beers and other adult beverages. After our meal my husband decided to get the honey cinnamon pretzels. We were disappointed to find out that they were not like the ones we've gotten at other Mellow Mushroom locations. They are normally puffy, soft, and sweet - these were way over-cooked - hard and dry. We hope that they find their groove, work out the kinks, and live up to the Mellow Mushroom name!