“Perfect place to relax and feel at home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Dora
Tremain Street Cottages
Reviewed August 3, 2008

My daughter and I stayed in the Nantucket, which was laid out as twin beds for us. Loved the cottage - great decor, separate rooms/areas made it feel very spacious, and we were able to relax completely after a tiring day. Very quiet. The green rating was a factor in my decision to book the cottage and it's obvious the owners make an effort with this.
Brian left us a map of Mt Dora and a discount card for some of the local shops/restaurants. We enjoyed walking round Mt Dora (particularly liked the Pets Pantry) and found it very easy to drive around the area. Our main reason for going to Florida was to swim with the manatees in Crystal River and the drive from Mt Dora was easy (around 1.5 hrs). Lots of facilities in the area if the Mt Dora facilities are not enough for you (we went to watch "Mamma Mia" one evening in a nearby giant shopping mall on the US441).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2008

This is my third visit to the Garden Cottage. I've taken my parents with me, friends and now my sister and her children. Brian is a fabulous caretaker and the 2 bedroom cottage is like a home away from home. I couldn't be more pleased and would highly recommend you go!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 30, 2007

Tremain St. Cottages was a fantastic find. It is nestled in adorable Mt. Dora, where it is peaceful and charming. The management was very helpful and willing to work with my schedule and give suggestions on the things to do in the area including an amazing kayaking trip I took while there. I will definitely be back...

Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed October 29, 2007

I chose the Tremain Street Cottages b/c the location was so close to the downtown. I was impressed that it was more like a true "cottage" than a bed and breakfast. I got my own suite on the premises but away from the inn keepers and other guests. It's perfect b/c you feel very safe, but not like you are in a room in someone's house. The room was excellent! Mine was French themed, and the inn keepers had lots of organic products and touches in the room. The breakfast voucher was for an excellent restaurant just a few blocks walking distance. I LOVED that b/c I could go to breakfast any time and get anything I wanted. I have stayed in a few B&B's all over the country. I definately give this one an A+ compared to others. It was the best of all worlds for travel accomodations and truly authentic Mt. Dora!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 8, 2007

It is not too often we get the chance to run away but when we do, we try to find different places and different themes to do each time. At our last runaway weekend, we landed in a quaint little town tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the larger cities, Mount Dora, Florida. This is the second time we have runaway to Mount Dora but this time, we had the pleasure of staying in the Tremain Street Cottages located about 2 blocks from the downtown area.
The cottages were originally constructed in 1938 -- wood windows, wood floors and country décor welcome you; perfect for a weekend retreat. Each cottage has it’s own entrance with accommodations that include central heat and air, a kitchen, bathroom, living area and cable TV. There are three one-bedroom cottages available and one unit with two bedrooms. (Their prices are competitive and reasonable.)
Mount Dora is known for it’s antique shops and street festivals. It is easy to drive around downtown or keep your automobile parked at the cottages and enjoy an easy, relaxing stroll. And if you are interested, it is an hour drive to the theme parks or to the beaches.
Enjoy your stay.
Pamela Ackerson

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Pjakrsn
Reviewed January 8, 2007

We spent our anniversary weekend at Tremain Street Cottages and could not be happier! The cottage was gorgeous, quaint, romantic, exquisitely clean, and incredibly comfortable! We loved the French provincial decor, the comfortable bed, and the well-equiped kitchenette. (The claw foot tub was a special joy as well.)

Mt. Dora is a charming town with numerous wonderful restaurants and stores filled with crafts, unique items, and antiques. We loved being within walking distance to the downtown area and spent hours exploring and taking meandering walks down by the lake.

Tremain Street Cottages really IS the perfect place for a quiet, romantic getaway; we felt as if we were visiting a slower time but with all of the comfort of modern conveniences.

It was a PERFECT weekend and so restful that we had a glow that stayed with us all through the hectic holidays well after the time we returned home.

Our hosts were incredibly helpful as we made arrangements for the guided kayak tour and the couple's massage, two little touches that made the trip so memorable. As a romance author and something of an expert in all things romantic, I can vouch that Tremain Street cottages are the ultimate!

WE WILL BE BACK!

Heron Cay Lakeview Bed & Breakfast
Mount Dora Historic Inn
Mount Dora Historic Inn
#6 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Tremain Street Cottages? Share your experiences!