“Unique Place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have to agree with all the previous reviews. The Garden Gate Tearoom is a special place and we eat there every time we go to Mount Dora. It is always busy and a reservation when you get to Mount Dora is maybe a good idea if you want into the original part of the tearoom. It also has limited hours and is closed on a Sunday so check beforehand. It is just a lovely place to have a delicious lunch.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Garden Gate Tearoom in Mount Dora has a limited menu but the choices are all delicious. Over the last 8 years we have tried them all!!! My husband and I enjoy the chicken pie and the salmon mousse . We are never disappointed. Gentlemen do not be put off by the very feminine decor you will love their food! Ladies you will love the decor and the delightful ambiance. We even splurged today: my husband had strawberry short cake and I had the mint ice cream with a delicious chocolate sauce. Both desserts had this unbelievable whipped cream. We won't have to eat again for awhile!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is an adorable place with great food and the perfect "tea time: atmosphere. Just slightly pricey for the smaller food portions but worth the splurge once in a while. Definitely a wonderful girl's lunch destination!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place is a MUST SEE if you are in the Mt Dora, Florida area. The food is fantastic, from their Chicken Pie, Chicken Casserole, Salmon Roulade and I love the Asparagus Sandwich. The iced teas are delicious too. You really are made to feel extra special there. The desserts are always a treat. If you can get the Strawberry Shortcake, while it's in season, do it! And definitely enough to 'split'. The do have Afternoon Teas but you need to make a reservation at least 24 hours ahead of time so they can have everything prepared. I will definitely be going back next year!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was really looking forward to lunch at the Garden Gate Tea room on my trip to Mt Dora with my 3 children (16,14,11). I had read the reviews and saw the pictures and thought this was my type of place. It met all of my expectations and even my children were impressed. We were greeted in a welcoming way and our server was extremely courteous and kind. My daughter and I each had the chicken salad with fruit, my son 16 had the chicken pot pie and my 11 year old believe it or not absolutely loved the asparagus sandwich. For dessert, we shared the strawberry shortcake and warm brownie with vanilla ice cream. The atmosphere is truly lovely and yes, even my teenagers and son appreciated it. I had to take pictures of the food as the presentation was outstanding. I would most definitely return.

2  Thank dedeau