“Great lunch!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with a friend for lunch. Food & service were great. This place has a Victorian vibe. Mt. Dora is a quaint little town.

1  Thank PAB1120
There are newer reviews for The Garden Gate Tea Room

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We took quite a few photos of both the dining rooms and food. The setting is unique, the food was tasty and beautifully presented and the staff very friendly. Will be taking visitors here to give them a unique experience.

2  Thank Kai R
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Garden Gate provided the perfect experience for our "big girls' tea party." This included the service, beverages, food and presentation -- everything right down to the vintage hats that we each adorned. The setting is perfectly lovely and provides a true "dining experience" rather than just a meal. Though we took our "sweet" time enjoying our lunches, we never felt rushed by our server. I highly recommend the rosemary lemonade and chicken pastry (and I'm not a chicken pot pie kind of fan). Of course, one must indulge in herbal tea when visiting this quaint and well done tea room. A must when visiting lovely Mount Dora.

1  Thank HBSonGal
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Like always the place is perfect to meet with friends, get married or just for a cup of tea. Excellent!

1  Thank laura32778
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I used to live in Florida and eat at the Garden Gate during each art festival. Now when I visit family still living in Sarasota, I drive all the way across the state just to get a piece of the chicken pie at the Garden Gate. It is the most flavorful food ever. My husband loves the salad with chicken. And we share a pot of tea. The atmosphere is adorable. We love the mis-matched tea cups. And the service is always excellent. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. It is truly one of a kind and I miss being able to go to it anytime dearly.

1  Thank elliska