“Ahhh…the Adora Inn.”

Ranked #3 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Ahhh…the Adora Inn.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with hosts Arthur and John at their Mount Dora Adora Inn B&B. They were the perfect hosts and very accommodating to my special request for Hazelnut coffee in the mornings. It's 2014, doesn't everyone drink Hazelnut Coffee these days? Thanks guys for your sense of humor!

The Inn has location, location, location and the only one I've found with a walk-in shower. Perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TrinityTodayServices

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hosts John & Arthur are a very down to earth couple that bring a variety of different life experiences to the table. They treat their travelers as they would like to be treated themselves. John is a good conversationalist and Arthur is an exceptional cook. Mummy breakfasts!! Definitely would recommend a stay there.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I loved this place it was close to town, the owners are the best, I love the concept that they each sit down with you at breakfast and talk about their experiences of living in Mt. Dora. The accomodations are clean and comfortable, they provide everything. I love their dogs the best. I will be back for the next extravaganza at Renningers and will most definitely stay at Adora. The breakfast was delicious. When I heard they were both chefs, I wanted to stay here and did not disappoint. Close to downtown and all the bars and restaurants, it was great.

Room Tip: Next time I am going to stay in the treehouse room if available.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, FL
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

After staying at MANY bed and breakfasts over the years, Adora ranks average in my book. Great location, nice hosts, clean and comfortable (except VERY squeaky stairs). But, the best inns I've stayed in go that extra mile, and I didn't get that feeling here. I really like extra touches (especially at what we paid for a small room) like wine and cheese at arrival a stocked butlers pantry (we've been to some with ice cream and craft beer). High end spa bath products and premium bedding are also a plus. None of these little extras were available. At Adora there are no tvs either. Not a bad thing, but I expected internet service, and we couldn't access from bed (a luxury I really like on a Sunday morning). When I mentioned to both the owners, the answer I got was "I'm not much of a techie". No offer to switch rooms, fix the problem or reduce the price. I loved Mount Dora and will go again, but will stay elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jrchurch
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My fiancé and I had a wonderful time in Mount Dora while staying at the Adora Inn. It was our second time staying there. John & Arthur go above and beyond for their guests by making them feel welcome and comfortable. Aside from the fact they making a breathtaking breakfast each morning for all guests there isn't anything they can't do to make anyone happy there. We would HIGHLY recommend their bed & breakfast to anyone looking to visit there!

Room Tip: They are all good however the Vanilla Room ROCKS!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We are a young couple who has just returned from Mt. Dora. We JUST spent the weekend with John and Arthur and are already trying to find a weekend to go back. They literally open their home to you! They are so helpful in providing recommendations and helping set us up for our day kayaking in Wekiva Springs. But not only that, they show a real interest in their guests are wonderful company. It is nice to get the B&B experience in a home with modern details, instead of feeling like you are in someone's grandmother's home. The house is impeccable and the breakfasts are divine! Each quaint room (most reminiscent of the color they are named for) is simply decorated, well lit and airy. The place is quiet, except in the evenings and during breakfast when eclectic, soothing music is piped in downstairs. This home is just two blocks from the edge of downtown- an absolutely perfect location. They took care of our every concern (didn't have many!) immediately and treated us like a queen and king for our trip. Additionally, they were beyond professional. We are really hoping to find a reason to rent out the whole house, bringing friends/ family with us- if they'll have us! ;)

Thank you so much for making our trip so special.

Room Tip: I think any room is GREAT! Just read the descriptions carefully bc each room is unique, so if you ar...
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Where oh where to begin??!!! Let's start with the "boutique like" charm of this Bed and Breakfast.. Soft music playing upon entering.. candles in the fireplace, spotless, out of a magazine!!! Then we were greeted by our hosts, John and Arthur. Typically, I'm never at a loss for words but these inn keepers leave not a detail missing! They are warm and extremely friendly, bending over backwards to ensure the best possible stay, and their "magic" worked!! They told us where to dine, and included places that "weren't their favorites." All of their wisdom was spot on! The breakfasts were top notch! Beyond decadent! The location couldn't have been better (only a few short blocks to the heart of town?!!) We stayed in the Treetop Room, where our view was of the treetops, and we felt like our room was a "retreat" to paradise! The roman tub was fabulous! I personally am a spoiled traveler, and cannot for the life of me figure out why this bed and breakfast isn't rated #1 on Tripadvisor?! To give you an idea of how much we liked it, we booked the same room AGAIN, in October!! That must tell you something?!
Thanks again, John and Arthur! See you soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple