We traveled from South Jersey to the Lakeside Inn for a wedding last year. The problems began when we were told that a room as not available (yes, we supposedly had a reservation!). But, it got worse, MUCH worse! After locating a room, we were led to a very musty room - my eyes immediately began to swell from just standing in the room. We were offered another room just after that in the main buidling , and the odor was much more subtle. However, the windowsills were dusty, and the was a dead bug of some kind in the bathroom! The mattresses seem to be as old as the hotel (1800s?). The worst when yet to come: my daughter woke up in the middle of the night...as we opened the light, we saw a cockroach run across the BED. The next day, my husband saw another one run up the wall behind my chair!!!!! We paid good money to sleep in a cockroach-infested, moldy, dirty room!!!! We would have checked out immediately except that we were there for a wedding - how do you tell the bride and groom that there chosen wedding site is absolutely gross??? I was SOOOO relieved when we were able to get out of there. I reported this place to the Dept of Health!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.