“Roaches!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We traveled from South Jersey to the Lakeside Inn for a wedding last year. The problems began when we were told that a room as not available (yes, we supposedly had a reservation!). But, it got worse, MUCH worse! After locating a room, we were led to a very musty room - my eyes immediately began to swell from just standing in the room. We were offered another room just after that in the main buidling , and the odor was much more subtle. However, the windowsills were dusty, and the was a dead bug of some kind in the bathroom! The mattresses seem to be as old as the hotel (1800s?). The worst when yet to come: my daughter woke up in the middle of the night...as we opened the light, we saw a cockroach run across the BED. The next day, my husband saw another one run up the wall behind my chair!!!!! We paid good money to sleep in a cockroach-infested, moldy, dirty room!!!! We would have checked out immediately except that we were there for a wedding - how do you tell the bride and groom that there chosen wedding site is absolutely gross??? I was SOOOO relieved when we were able to get out of there. I reported this place to the Dept of Health!

10  Thank m21

Reviewed May 8, 2006

Our Red Hat Society chapter - Florida Belles just returned from an overnight stay at the Lakeside Inn. I like to report we ladies (all 18 of us) had a wonderful time at the inn. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were comfortable, the pool refreshing and the scenic view of the lake was breathtaking. The staff let us use a room for our activities in the evening, the same room served as our pajama breakfast in the morning. We plan to return next year and take the boat ride around the lake.

1  Thank The Countess of Travel