“Old Florida Charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lakeside Inn

Lakeside Inn
Ranked #30 of 115 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
jacksonville
“Old Florida Charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

For those who like the old fashioned peaceful resort atmosphere, it is great.
The rooms are simple with much original detail, very comfortable.
Bathroom could use a little more space for toiletries because pedestal sinks only provide space for soap.

The breakfast buffet is excellent. Lobby is hospitable, and staff is very professional and personable. The outdoor porch seating really adds to the ambiance and the interaction of the guests.

Dog friendly which is unusual.

The location is right in the historic area w main points of interest within walking distance.

• Visited January 2014

Gainesville, Florida
“Historic Lakeside Inn has a Peaceful Vibe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

The view is wonderful, and it's very peaceful sitting in the rockers on the porch. the food for dinner is not exceptional, but breakfast out on the porch is lovely.

Visited May 2013
Florida City, Florida
“Not the Christmas we had expected....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I wanted a break and this sounded good. Sadly it was not to be... we finally got a room in the main building. After a Xmas eve meal which I could not eat ( I am not a fussy eater). They charged $ 55 for my husband meal which he said the Prime rib was tough.. Plus glass of wine beer and a soda. Were very nice about it all. the room was festive. Our room was cool but by morning cold not heat and sink water cold shower for me fine for my husband the water cold... The breakfast was not warm and not much choice, also that room was cold people around us were wearing sweaters also. When I mentioned about the water and room wI think it was noted but was told there was a space heater in the cupboard. We did not spend $350!! for a room with a space heater .... and not hot water. The furniture has seen better days and one chair but we were there to enjoy the hotel. So we could live with that. But they seemed more interested in doing Brunch for those coming from out side than paying guests. The reception had been cleared of sofas and chairs so no where to sit and read book or paper, unless back to a cold room... The reception was set up with tables for the brunch!!!!! So enough was enough there were other things but it is over now. So check out Christmas morning one night and so called breakfast $280.... I am so upset that we had to leave as Mount Dora is delightful. If you spent Christmas there we hope you had a better experience than us. To be fair the staff were very nice warm and welcoming but not The Lakeside Inn. They need to update and rethink some thinks. Times have changed since 1883!!!!!!!!!!!
Ann

• Visited December 2013
st pete
“Thanksgiving Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Lakeside Inn. I understand that they served over 1000 people that day. They did a fantastic job. Our reservations were for 4:30 and I began hounding the young lady for a table closer to 3:00. She was very sweet and though she wanted to be accomodating, I really could not expect her to jump through hoops for us. It was very busy. She remained very good natured as I continued to annoy her for an early seating.
Finally.... 4:30. The food was excellent. The buffet had everything that you could imagine. I don't remember a time when they were out of anything. The service was excellent as well especially on this busy day. After sleeping off this heavy meal, we also enjoyed the breakfast buffet the next morning. Good stuff - good job!

• Visited November 2013
Chicago
“Beautiful location in downtown Mount Dora but restaurant needs help”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Lovely location ... beautiful outdoor path that directs you to the lake. Had breakfast at the Lakeside Inn on a Sunday morning, approximately 9:15 a.m. We were seated in a far off room and nobody came in to check on us. After 15 minutes, I asked to be moved into the main dining room where we were waited on immediately, however, getting our food took about 45 minutes (for a party of three). The breakfast menu is a small menu and there wasn't a wait to be seated. We were told the kitchen was backed up. Food was good, but definitely not worth the wait. I wouldn't go here for breakfast if I had a time-sensitive activity (i.e., the 11:00 a.m. Boat Tour).

Visited November 2013