“Disappointment Plus”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have been going to this restaurant for several years. Refuse to go anymore! The service was slow, the food was just okay. I've also been to some affairs there where there was promised food vendors only to find out that Lakeside Inn won't allow any since they serve food so when you get there it is a big disappointment because there is no food or scraps from LI!! While at the Lakeside Inn for an event that was supposed to be a big German Fest their idea of this was to serve undercooked bratwurst and overcooked sauerkraut with a large pretzel and charged outrageous prices for both! Talk about spoiling an event!! We need to find a better place to hold these outside events. Am open to suggestions.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights on the second visit in mid Sept. to the Lakeside Inn. The experience was as great as the first visit. Great customer service by staff,best location to see the lovely town of Mt. Dora. The views of the lake are wonderful and the rooms are quaint but quite comfortable. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone who likes an old world charm experience instead of a new chain hotel while visiting the Lake County area.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stopped at the Lakeside Inn for breakfast before our boat tour. The waiter Nelson was excellent and got us breakfast out on the veranda. Everyone at the Lakeside Inn is friendly and we really enjoyed chatting with Nelson while we ate our breakfast.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Overall the food was decent but really nothing to brag about. The dinner prices were typical of most hotel menus; a little pricey. Breakfast prices weren't too bad. The breakfast sandwich was very delicious. The wait staff was also friendly and attentive.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had read the comments about this restaurant here on Trip Advisor before we went so since we got $10 off at the restaurant I thought we could just do breakfast in the morning. The service was very slow even though they weren't busy and the eggs were cold once we got them. I did find out you can also use the $10 coupon for drinks and snacks during the day rather than a meal. I would recommend trying that instead if you are staying at the hotel.