“Cold Eggs”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had read the comments about this restaurant here on Trip Advisor before we went so since we got $10 off at the restaurant I thought we could just do breakfast in the morning. The service was very slow even though they weren't busy and the eggs were cold once we got them. I did find out you can also use the $10 coupon for drinks and snacks during the day rather than a meal. I would recommend trying that instead if you are staying at the hotel.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed weekends here on several occasions. The rooms and setting take you back to another time and make it easy to relax and unwind. The Inn is within walking distance of downtown Mr. Dora and its shops and restaurants. It is especially festive during the Christmas Holidays. The staff is friendly and helpful creating a warm environment. There are different types of accommodations both in the original inn and in the Gables and other buildings.

There is much to do in the area, from antique shops to nature walks and boat rides. You won't have difficulty finding things to do in the Lakes region of Florida.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

A restored historical inn which dates back to the first settlers in Mount Dora with a verandah with rocking chairs waiting to be used. While not their usual meal they were happy to serve us afternoon tea in leather armchairs.

2  Thank Jack N
Reviewed June 12, 2013

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND A SAT. NIGHT 6:30-7 PM The fat that it wasn't crowded should have given us a clue. OK they did have tablecloths 2 specials no longer available, ordered the Crab fritters for appetizer, WHERE'S THE CRAB, more like a re-re-fried overdone hushpuppy, The Grouper for main dish was way TOOO SALTY, the salad was like WILTED, WHAT left over from 2 days ago???? The veggie beans were tasty. $80 for 2 I don't think so, slapping myself for not sending it all back and walking out Had dinner at Perkins the next night and 500% better quality 1/4 the price can we say MINUS 2 STARS

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am a crafter and have some of my pine needle baskets in the gift shop across the street. Great lunches at the hotel when we go over.
The food and service are great.