“Great place for a drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lakeside Inn

Lakeside Inn
Ranked #31 of 115 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Augustine, FL
“Great place for a drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stopped here to have a drink and relax at the bar of this old historic hotel, located right at the lake. We had a very nice experience, sitting in an area by the working fireplace with a couple of sofas and a coffee table, making for a very "clubbish" atmosphere. However, full bar is vailable, as well as the tables in the room, should one prefer that. It was a nice way to recharge our energy for exploring more of this quaint and picuresque historic little town. Highly recommend this bar (for adults only, of course).

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Terrible Lakeside Inn under new owners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Where to start :(
My husband and I had booked Christmas day meal there. We were on the 5pm sitting and when we arrived the pianist packed up and went! No Atmosphere!!!
We were spending our Christmas away from home and we thought we were in for a treat - we were left hurt and upset about the whole experience.
They were packing the tables away as we started our appetisers. The food was the dregs of what the previous sittings had - it was cold and drying up. The beef was quite simply raw and the blood soaked into the potato! it was the worst meal I have ever experienced in my life - I was nearly in tears at the experience as we wanted to feel as though we were having a nice christmas.
There was a 20% service charge yet we served ourselves. On hindsight we should have left without the bill being paid but I just wanted to get out of the miserable place. We were only there an hour - there was no entertainment for us.
Next day we went to complain - the desk clerk said she also wondered where the pianist went to and was sorry to hear about our experience and would get the manager (who is the owner to call back) she never did - we were still waiting days later so I paid another visit. same desk clerk but this time she had changed her attitude and was quite standoffish and rude.
She said the owner was ill (probably eating her own food) and was busy and hadn't had time! I said that she would have a lot of time on her hands if she treated her customers in this manner.
I told them I wanted at least the 20% service charge refunding. The desk clerk was very curt and told us that she would pass the message on................. I am still waiting!
Apparently the Lakeside Inn is under new ownership and as I am frequently residing in Mount Dora I speak to many locals and they tell me that the owner has an attitude problem, she is rude and no customer service - this was evident!!
Luckily I have convinced quite a few locals to not give them there business and they are going to pass on my story between themselves.
Word gets around in such a close knit community when all they had to do was at least call me and discuss the day.
Lakeside Inn - Mount Dora .............. don't give them your custom whatever is written on this site because the owners just want your money - nothing else! it's a sad old building with pretty disgusting staff too so why should you line their pockets! There are plenty good places in the area that value their customers........ try them instead and give this place a firm push into the Lake Mount Dora!

2 Thank JaneK114
W Coast of Florida
“Forget Breakfast - go somewhere else.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed two nights and our breakfast was included. After a VERY long wait, our breakfasts arrived cold from the kitchen. We sent them back and they must have gotten a quick run in the microwave and returned barely warm. People at the next table sent their food back also and after 3 times said to take the charge off of their bill.

2 Thank Pelican26
Georgia
“So dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are staying at the Lakeside Inn and it is fantastic (see separate review). But The Beauclaire Dining Room is a different story. When checking in we were given a flyer about their Sunset Special in the dining room from 4 until 7PM. One of the specials was fried chicken which sounded good, so we made a reservation for 6:30. Got there a bit early and we were seated in the almost empty dining room. My wife ordered a glass of red wine (there was no wine list) and I attempted to order sweet tea. Nope no sweet tea....Ok we will both have the fried chicken, but alas they were out of the fried chicken. Our server gave us a few minutes to make an alternative choice. When she returned I ordered the NY Strip Steak...guess what, yep, out of the NY Strip. My third choice was the Airline Chicken which was stuffed with something and covered with some "tomatoey" sauce. It wasn't bad just not good. My wife ordered the stuffed trout ( which was not even her second choice) and asked what the "mixed veggies" that came with dinner were and was told it was sauteed squash, green beans, and onions...she doesn't love squash so she asked if there was an alternative, yes she was told, she could get broccoli for and extra $1. The broccoli was frozen. Well to end this before it becomes really long, her dinner was almost inedible.Everything was cooked to death, the fish, the rice was mushy and the crab stuffing was stuffing without the crab. To our servers credit she did remove the fish from the bill, but we expected so much, and we were delivered so little. By the way, when we were finished the dining room was just as empty as when we got there....perhaps we didn't get the memo.

• Visited December 2012
The Villages, Florida
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had an hour for lunch before our boat tour of Mt. Dora Lake so stepped into the Lakeside Inn for lunch. Our waitress assured us she would have us in and out in under and hour (and she did). A wide variety of lunch items - the usual suspects... They are famous for the Chicken Pie - which I'm told by my brother was very good. A generous portion filled with chicken. I had their lunch special ($9) a cup of soup and 1/2 chicken salad sandwich. The seafood chowder was filled seafood, but it was so thick it resulted in almost no flavor... The chicken salad sandwich is made with Tarragon - so if you aren't a fan - don't have it. It was very good - loaded with chicken. Plenty to eat. My husband had a BLT, yawn, but he rated it excellent.
We did go back after the boat tour to sample their pies in the lounge. I had the orange pie - delicious and different - the rest had pecan and apple pies... rated very good.

Interesting old Florida Hotel. Service is excellent, the views glorious. I can only imagine what it all looks like at sunset.