“Old World Charm”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I didn't like the dining room, as it was just old and huge. No view of the lake either. I prefer intimate spaces when I pay for expensive gourmet meals. This is a dining room great for weddings though.
Food was OK. This was 2 years ago, so maybe things have changed. The Inn itself is charming and sitting outside in rockers on the porch was delightful. Old world decor and creaking wood floors adds charm, but not luxury. Staff have an air of stuffiness rather than down to earth friendliness. Maybe they are sick of tourists tramping around, just to look. But that's the only reason I'd go back.

1  Thank Kizzdogs

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Breakfast was delicious with generous portions. The Florida orange juice was great!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I took my three daughters and a friend with two of four of daughters to the inn for the Titanic Tea in April.

It was a total waste of the $28 it cost for each. The food was not elegant, in some cases not everyone received the same food on their plates -- missing items etc. The portions were no more than a mouthful -- it felt like a tasting instead of a tea. The leader was terribly boring in her long drawn out speech about the Titanic and droned on until many picked themselves and left the inn.
At the start of the event some parties had to be separated because there was no provision made for an entire party to sit together. What's up with that????

When in Mount Dora try tea at another tea room because this is just a waste of money.

It was a good thing I had a tea like supper prepared for my friend and her daughters. They had to go home to Clearwater following the tea and they would have had to stop for something to eat because they never would have gotten home without starving.

Everything was terrile about the experience. I felt awful that my friends drove up to Mount Dora for the mess we were met with.

At one time I did the flowers at the Lakeside Inn for their dinning rooms. It was a a wonderful place 15 years ago now it is just old and run down. Doesn't speak well for Mount Dora.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went for a kid free weekend getaway. We loved the rustic feel of the 100+ year old inn. We knew we weren't going to the Marriott, we enjoy the history and the romance the place gives.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband took me to this restaurant for the Mother's Day buffet this year. It was a quaint place that's dining room definitely had that, "Art Deco", look to it. The food was very good, as was the service.
I have recently read of it's previous problems, and now it's new ownership, and I wish them well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!