“A Revolutionary Experience”

Ranked #4 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Looking for the unusual British fayre? Come in and have a meal with the Royals. We provide food, fun, beer & wine, special dinner shows, Breakfast on Sat & Sun. Closed Wednesday. Summer hours Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri 11:00am until 4:00pm, Sat & Sun 9:00am-4:30pm; * unless a dinner show is scheduled. We offer the best quality food, service, and atmosphere. We are known for our Scottish Salmon, Pot Roast Sunday, Bangers & Mash, and High Tea as well as everything in between.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was very pleased with the Tea Room. We had breakfast there last Sunday morning. I had the cheese/spinach omelet which was the best I've ever had. Service was surprisingly good even though there were quite a few customers at the restaurant. They even had actors dressed up as Betsy Ross and Benjamin Franklin. Our waitress was friendly, accommodating, and dressed in the Ben Franklin era gown. I have been to the English Tea Room before and I'm sure I'll return again. I would give the place 5 stars but they only serve breakfast and lunch.

Marsha G, Owner at Windsor Rose Tea Room & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for joining our special Breakfast and lunch honoring President's Day with Benjamin Franklin and Betsy Ross who were great friends and leaders to the Presidents of the Continental Congress! We appreciate you writing about your positive experience and our wonderful breakfast which still remains virtually unkown--thanks for the applause, we appreciate your candid response! Be sure to check our website for return engagements of our actors/ actresses in costume! We appreciate your feedback, your happiness in the event makes it worthwhile. Repsectfully, Marsha Goodale

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the most perfect place for my son and future daughter-in-law's wedding rehearsal dinner. We had the restaurant all to ourselves for a private party and the atmosphere of the tea room was great. The food was amazing and the staff was wonderful and very attentive. Working with Marsha planning the evening was a pleasure. I would highly recommend the Windsor Rose for a special dinner event. I look forward to visiting again soon !
Ivy G.

Thank you Ivy for your feedback--we enjoyed hosting your rehearsal dinner-- our cheers to the bride and groom-- may they have a wonderful life together! Love, the staff at the Windsor Rose!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were accommodated with ease due to a very crowded tea room, the owner called us as soon as he had available seating. Once seated, we had a very helpful waitress and I chose the Marlborough- tea for one, with several tasty sandwiches and scones and a tea of my choice. My husband elected to have the ploughman's lunch and what a special- tons of food especially after a long hard bike ride through town. We'd visit again.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Lunch here was a delight. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. The menu was great! I had the soup of the day which was a tomato bisque with bacon and chicken and it was such a wonderful combination of flavors! I lived every bite. The atmosphere delightful..

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ideal place to while away the day with tea and a scone, Cornish pasty or delicious homemade soup. Rarely disapoints, great service too.