“GREAT Overall!”

Palm Tree Grille
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Palm Tree Grille is located on a scenic corner in the middle of town. Perfect for people watching.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had our annual Holiday Party at Palm Tree. We had a great experience there last year and decided to do it all over again. The service and food was very enjoyable.

Festivals1mtdora, General Manager at Palm Tree Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed your holiday party with us at the Palm Tree Grille. We had lots of great Christmas and New Year’s events at the Palm Tree Grille this season and we appreciate that you decided to have yours with us. Now that the holidays have passed we hope that you will spend more time with us for future meetings or dinners. We are available for partial or entire buyouts for private events and look forward to serving you in the near future. Be sure to watch for the new menu we are rolling out. It is sure to be a hit with everyone. Safe travels, Joe

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have to say that we have nothing but good things to say about Palm Tree. Always receiving good food & service on a regular basis. We enjoy trying all the new specials and have yet to be disappointed in any way. The wine selection is amazing and hard to beat! As in any restaurant there are good days & bad days but a true testament to this establishment is a Family run business always aiming to please.

Festivals1mtdora, General Manager at Palm Tree Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. Palm Tree Grille works hard to deliver great food prepared fresh every day , over 140 fine wines at the lowest prices , boutique spirits and craft beers all in a laid back yet sophisticated setting. For 19 years we have served Mount Dora proudly and appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again soon! Best regards, Joe

Reviewed January 1, 2014

went there as well for new years and the $55 per person only choice turned into nearly $200 with one glass of wine per person.

Festivals1mtdora, General Manager at Palm Tree Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Our New Year’s Eve dinner menu was advertised months in advance at $55.00 It was a Four course meal with complimentary champagne. It sold out fast and we had over 165 guests enjoy the evening. Since you did not make reservations in advance and just showed up you could have decided against eating at the Palm Tree and gone elsewhere. I realize that in this economy the $55.00 that was charged for a four course meal that included champagne can be too much for some diners, but you could have simply decided not to eat with us. Perhaps next time you can call ahead to see what the meal would cost on a busy evening like New Year’s Eve and then make an educated decision on where to eat. I hope the new year treats you well.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Myself, girlfriend and daughter visited this restuarant on New Years eve. Having eaten there several times before we enjoyed the Italian food at a resonable price. When we arrived we were greeted with a limited menu with a set price of 55$ per plate and no Italian dishes to be choosen from. I should have left then but not wanting to ruin the evening I sucked it up. Expecting to spend my normal $75 for dinner of 3 I got RIPPED for $238 including thier own tip of $40 worthless service dollars. I could have found way more better places that I would spent $238 on a dinner for 3 had I know this sucker suprise. PISSED beyond belief. Never be back RIPOFF artist.

1  Thank Andy M

The New Year’s Eve dinner was advertised in advance and led to a sold out evening for the restaurant. As far as the cost of the meal, $55 for a four course meal with a complimentary glass of champagne on New Year’s Eve is without a doubt not an expensive meal by anyone's standards. Since you did not make reservations and simply showed up you had the choice of not eating at the Palm Tree so I can't understand the hostility. If the $55 per person was too much for you, you should have just decided against it and went elsewhere so you could spend less. Everyone who made reservations (over 165 people) were all very pleased and had a wonderful time. New Year’s Eve is always a busy night that sells out far in advance and that is why we offer a set menu. Sorry we did not fit into your budget. Best regards, Joe

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We chose this restaurant without reading any reviews. We were looking for a choice of seafood dishes and saw this one had a few on the menu posted outside. When we were seated there were only a few other tables of guests. Our waiter was Alex. He started out ok pouring water for us then asking for our drink order. I only asked for lemons for my water. He brought me 2 thin slices on a green napkin. I added them to my water and it immediately tasted fishy! I gave it an honest try but I could not drink that. When Alex returned I told him what had happened and his reply was "That's ridiculous! I sliced those lemons myself and they were no where near fish!" and he walked away. He never brought me a fresh glass of water so my husband gave me his.
We ordered an appetizer of crab stuffed mushrooms which came out with our salads. The mushroom stuffing tasted great but the mushrooms themselves were rubbery (3 on the plate for $9). The salads were fresh but some of the greens were also a little tough.
We ordered lobster ravioli which was on the sweet side and scallop and shrimp pesto which tasted delicious but the shrimp were rubbery.
We are not picky eaters but did not fully enjoy this meal.