“A great find”

The Goblin Market
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My mother-in-law and I were perusing the shops of Mt. Dora, when we decided to stop for lunch. A favorite tea room is apparently closed on Wednesdays during the summer, and the Goblin Market is nearby. I had read good things about it online, and we decided to give it a try. We did the right thing! Very nice menu, and a staff that is welcoming and attentive. Delicious salmon with dressed greens and strawberries - fish was perfectly cooked and seasoned. My mother-in-law had a club sandwich that lasted her 2 meals. Definitely has made my list of places to try for dinner when we return to Florida.

1  Thank TheWaywardTraveler

Reviewed June 30, 2013

the ambiance and food were most enjoyable, Goblin is a great place, with different dining choices, we had a lovely evening

1  Thank quintessaSRQ
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Idyllic atmosphere and relaxing venue. The burger I had was one of the best I have ever tasted. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Will visit again soon.

2  Thank Petruchka
Reviewed June 29, 2013

While visiting Mt Dora, we were told of The Goblin Market by one of the town's merchants... we decided to make it our "Friday Night Out" dinner....WOW....it was wonderful. Quaint in all ways, with a menu that will meet everyone's palate....great selection of appetizers, Beef, Veal, Chicken and Fish entrees...prepared via house specialty recipes. It has a bar and extensive wine list. The table service was without compare. Dinner for 2 (w/o dessert) about 100 bucks and it was worth it. We'll be back.

It seats about 40 people so I would call for reservations....Dress is casual

1  Thank Willhudson
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Cozy,nice place for a great lunch or evening out on the town. If you visit Mt. Dora put it on your list. The salads are wonderful and if you like lamb or veal you can't find better anywhere. The service is tops as well. Lunch is reasonable but you need to save up for the dinner menu as it is a little pricey.

2  Thank Pettitt5