“I'd return in a heart beat!”
Review of The Goblin Market

The Goblin Market
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“I'd return in a heart beat!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Mt. Dora took me by total surprise. This town is so interesting and the shops and restaurants are picture perfect. The chef's at the Goblin Market really know how to cook tasty and innovative food. My husband and I shared a bowl of crab bisque with sherry. The bisque was creamy and there was plenty of crab meat. It was served with a generous amount of sherry on the side and we were cautioned my our waiter to try the soup before we added the sherry. It was really very good without the added sherry, but we did add some of the extra sherry (and drank the rest!) and the soup was still excellent. We ordered the chicken Fontina sandwich which was served with beer batter French fries and the pork tenderloin salad (spring mix, tomato wedges, cucumber slices, carrot slices, peanuts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and pineapple pieces). A dinner roll and butter was served with the salad. The entire lunch menu was very appealing and I would love to go to dinner there. The service was excellent even though the restaurant was extremely busy and their credit card machine was on the fritz!!! I'd return in a heart beat.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank r0ckinn

Apopka, Florida
“Always an Eating Adventure”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We really enjoy this restaurant - the layout (in an old house) and the decor. The menu has something for most people, although it can be a little expensive. But it is an eating experience and worth the extra money for special occasions and for "something different". The servers are attentive and make you feel comfortable and able to enjoy your dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nancy B
Parkland, Florida
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food And service, our fourth visit. Very well stocked bar also, with generous drinks. The menu is diverse, not inexpensive but worth the price for fine delicious dining

1 Thank nocavat
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Service excellent! Everyone friendly, good sense of humor, knowledgeable regarding the menu. Menu had selections for everyone. Savory meal. We all totally enjoyed our selections. Flavorful and nice presentation. The bartenders were most accommodating as we come in with drink recipes and they were most receptive to fulfill our requests. Definitely earned it's high recommendation.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank barbaralcline
DC
“Go for drinks”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

You cannot live in Mount Dora without singing praise about the Goblin Market. We have had a number of great dinners here and enjoy sitting at the bar on Friday nights. The atmosphere is splendid. Expecting the usual great experience, I took my daughter here for lunch last month, for a first class treat but instead and had a very ordinary experience. The waiter was over the top pretensious and my daughter summed it up by saying she thought her meal was like what she would get al Olive Garden - not a slur at all, but let's not compare apples with oranges! My salmon salad was dry and bland. The salmon was tough. Sum it up to a bad day. We will try again later.

• Visited July 2012