“It was good but...”

Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I took my father and step mother here and we all enjoyed the atmosphere. Our server took time with us to explain about the food. We all ordered and enjoyed soup (whiskey onion and the crab bisque) and the ceasar salad. I requested anchovies on my salad but they never materialized, and I didn't ask for them after the salad was served.

I enjoyed my trout dish; Dad got the shrimp and scallop pasta dish which was tasty and my step mother enjoyed her chicken dish. Nice size servings but a bit over priced in my opinion.

1  Thank VHikerChick

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Small little restaurant with a nice atmosphere. I found the food a little over priced but the portions were nice and the service was pretty good.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was good, but not out of the box. We shared a 16oz rib-eye. The Caesar salad was average. The roasted vegetables were good, but average. Service was okay.
Value for price was good.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Having never eaten here before and because I like places out of the norm, my brother, sister-in-law and I chose to have lunch here. We requested and were seated outside. The area was small but nicely done and comfortable. Our server offered suggestions, was polite and attentive. I ordered the crab bisque which, I must say, was among the best I've ever had. I also ordered the cashew crusted chicken montagu which likewise was delicious. Based on the quantity of food, I felt the prices were in line. Enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Sonia E
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I ate here with my parents. We picked it because it is rated #1 on Trip Advisor and had a great lunch menu. Going in with high expectations due to their lofty ratings we obviously had high expectations--and they didn't disappoint. The French onion soup was amazing just to look at--my father absolutely loved it. All the meals we ate were delicious. Very cozy restaurant where you can eat outside, inside or upstairs in the bar area where you can relax in a living room type setting--books and games included. Only complaint is they have a lot of window coverings and low ceiling so the place is a bit tight and dark, but don't let that stop you from visiting.

2  Thank kpf1965