“Fun fun fun dance dance dance good food too”
Review of Pisces Rising

Pisces Rising
Reserve with OpenTable
Pisces Rising is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

What a fun place, great atmosphere, good food, friendly staff. Would definitely recommend this place to friends. Nice water view too

1  Thank JoeDSarasota

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were here in July and returned for the Labor Day holiday. This is my favorite place to go for atmosphere , service and dining in Mt. Dora . The famous Shrimp and Grits is my husband's choice. It is as good or better than any of the Low Country cooking that you find in South Carolina. I had the Chicken Roulade which is also excellent. It was sercved with a fried rice cake that I hope they keep on the menu. The restaurant is also great for just drinks and appetizers. Try the Cubano roll,they are like a cuban sandwich in a spring roll? There is usually entertainment on the outside deck and a sunset view of the lake.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I came to Mount Dora with my Parent's they wanted to take me to a trendy area for a little day trip so we went. They had eaten at Pisces Rising before so we had to go again. Looking over the menu I thought it was a little pricy, but I am on vacation so what! My dad had a burger with onion rings on the side my step-mom had salad with a cup of soup I ordered A salad prep table side. All was well until I tasted my salad it needed a dash of salt...oh no I got the shaker full. "yikes" the lid was not screwed on. They promptly came out with the new salad and new salt shaker too.
I picked up the tab it was $53.00 that seemed considering their lost shaker of salt, salt, salt.....

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a fabulous evening with attentive service from Kieran. Our server provided a great wine option for my husband and the Cuban fish was perfectly done. We could tell it was super fresh and expertly seasoned. I asked for the polenta instead of the white rice and I'm getting the recipe. It was perfectly cooked--not too moist and not too dry. We ate everything and didn't leave room for dessert. We will definitely be back !

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Friends joined us to celebrate our 50th anniversary. We were hoping for a lake-view table; since it was for a busy Saturday night at the restaurant, my husband mentioned our anniversary, which we normally don't reveal. Great was our surprise when Joshua Jungferman, General Manager and Sommelier, welcomed and congratulated us with an excellent champagne brut for all four of us. What a gracious and unexpected gesture!

Melissa was our efficient waitress; told us the specials of the evening and was very attentive to our needs during the whole evening. With a great sense of humor, she took several pictures of the group. She was so much fun and pleasant.

We started with naan bred & olive oil. My husband enjoyed a glass of Merlot and the men ordered Ceasar salads, which were crisp & fresh. Two of us ordered from the menu: Caribbean Crab Cakes w/rice & spinach; and steak w/vegetables. We both enjoyed the meal. However, the other two ordered one of the featured specials: Grouper w/Risotto - an outstanding choice which I would certainly try the next time. My husband was the only one who could be tempted with dessert. He enjoyed his crème brûlée with coffee.

We all tasted the Grouper w/Risotto and agreed it was cooked to perfection!
I noticed under vegetarian meals, they offer a risotto w/Portobello mushrooms, I believe. I'm sure that would be a winner, too.

Everybody had a good time. The sunset over the lake; live music on the terrace with people dancing the night away. It was a very special night.