“Thee place to wine and wind down”
Review of Pisces Rising

Pisces Rising
Reserve with OpenTable
Pisces Rising is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 116 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Dora, Florida
“Thee place to wine and wind down”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This place is a must do when visiting Mt. Dora. Happy Hour ALL DAY on Mondays, $10 peel and eat shrimp on Wednesdays. I love the outside deck and bar. The staff is incredible, Bobby, Heath, Matt, Theresa, Karen to name a few. Please check it out and tell them Deborah sent you.

2 Thank Deborah L

Ft L Lauderdale, Florida, USA
“A destination”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

One of the best restaurants we have eaten at. My husband has the roasted duck & delclared it the best duck he has ever had. I had the paella-it was excellent. The menu choices were out of the box & not average. The service was friendly, excellent & attentive.
Tho a bit pricey, well worth it. We did not have dessert. Can't wait to go again.

2 Thank linedancer6
Coral Gables, Florida
“Very nice dinner, could have ended better.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We'd been to Pisces a few yrs. back and were looking foward to a repeat visit. The ambiance is great, an old house with lake view and terrific live music. We sat in what was once the 2nd story balcony, really cozy. Our house salad and lobster bisque were outstanding. The citrus vinaigette dressing is excellent. My wife had their paella, which was also outstanding. I ordered a fish filet with apple-papaya topping over a rice pilaf and green beans. It was terrific but the fish choice was not what I ordered. They had a choice of salmon or stripped bass. I eat salmon often so I ordered the bass. Halfway through, I realized they'd brought me salmon, but it was good so I decided not to send it back and wait around for what mighta been a hastily thrown together make up dish. We told the waiter and he checked the source of the error. It was a kitchen screwup, not his mistake. I ordered chocolate mousse and was disappointed- not by the quality, the quantity.
The mousse came in an espresso cup, not latte, espresso! That Jenny Craig dessert was the smallest mousse I've ever been served anywhere. For $7 you expect at least a martini glass sized portion, not a thimble. I felt the waiter should've taken the initiative to comp that tiny dessert, in light of their mistake, but he did not. On past occasions in other places with similar errors, the house usually makes good in some way. I did not mention it to him, shouldn't have had to. The prices for our wine, starters and main courses were all reasonable. The only issues I had were the order mistake and ridiculous price for a mini dessert. So, if you go to Pisces Rising and want a nice-sized dessert, skip the mousse, it's a ripoff.

2 Thank 2thdoc33133
Orlando
“Beautiful view...delicious food!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you can manage it, go around sunset and enjoy a drink at the bar outside before dinner-beautiful! We took a couple visiting us from Rhode Island to celebrate our birthdays and so glad we chose Pisces Rising! It certainly was lovely enjoying the Christmas lights and ambiance of downtown Mt. Dora!
The wine was terrific and the service was wonderfully attentive. The food....I am still tasting the Shrimp and Grits! phenomenal! Think it would make Paula Deen weep! The Filet was like butter and the fish special was mouth watering. LOVED everything about our visit and can't wait to return!

2 Thank jcirwin69
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Award winning...? Really”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place thinks very highly of itself, without reason... Award winning shrimp n grits, unless the award was for most average/boarder line bland shrimp n grits, I find it hard to believe.
My advice... Keep walking.