“Bavarian Haus reminded me of Oma's food”
Review of The Bavarian Haus

The Bavarian Haus
Ranked #16 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I was looking for authentic German food and wasn't disappointed. I liked the location in a small house in Mt. Dora instead of the typical strip mall location. Went at week day lunch time and even then the parking is a hassle - ended up 2 blocks away in public parking. Inside decoration was fine - just enough of the usual German kitsch without going overboard. The waitress was enthusiastic and nice - replied back auf Deutsch when I was giving my order in German. The food that my family ordered seemed prepared like what I had in restaurants over in Germany. The German potato salad was just like the version that Oma made. My only ding and the reason for 4 stars instead of five has that the food was a little bland in general ( as noted by some other reviewers). I would definitely recommend going there and trying it for yourself though.

There are newer reviews for The Bavarian Haus

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I had the most wilted brown salad I've ever had here and the rest of the food was flavorless except the excessive amount of salt used

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stopped in for lunch at the Bavarian Haus in late July. It's the slow season in Mt. Dora, so there weren't many people there (or anywhere). The restaurant is small with a good-sized covered outdoor dining area, which we decided against in the 90+ degree heat. The restaurant is authentic looking with some nice murals. Service and food was very good. The German potato salad was maybe the best I've had since I was in Germany. Overall, very good. My only complaint is that the music, a weird mix of Euro club music and dated American pop, was completely out of place and just too loud. I'm sure the owners are sick of German oompah bands, but that's what's appropriate here.

Overall, the Bavarian Haus is very good. Geniesen!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Loved this place! Service was great, prices very reasonable ,food was plentiful and tasted great! German Potato Salad just like my Grandmother made. Will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to Mt Dora to eat as we often do, decided to try this fairly new place. What a pleasant visit! Not only was the food fantastic but live accordion music to make the evening fun.
It did take a few minutes to get our food( as noted on the menu) but it was well worth it.
Dessert was Apple Strudel and was also excellent.