“Vegan's delight”
Review of Vitality Bistro - CLOSED

Vitality Bistro
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We discovered Vitality Bistro from a health magazine. I was a little hesitant to go but we decided to give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was very tasty but a bit pricey. There were quite a few dishes on the menu for vegans or vegetarians. The atmosphere was very nice as well. I'm happy to have found a place in Mount Dora where I can eat whatever they have on the menu. Didn't mind spending a little extra. The service was adequate even though we had to wait for the bill. I will definitely return.

1  Thank Robert A

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great raw vegan restaurant that has an owner-chief who really know how to keep the goodness in the food while bringing out the flavors. He not only fills your stomach but uses ingredients for recipes that will change your life forever. The work that goes into the creations like the Rocky Road pie easily justifies the slightly higher prices, especially when you consider the absence of calories from fat. Its time that we North Americans take a serious look at our protruding guts and butts, not to mention our clogged arteries, and make restaurants like this one our go-to place!

1  Thank Drugb
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Some of the past reviews have mentioned higher prices as a deterrent. I spent $14 on a Mexican tostado that was more filling than traditional options in other restaurants. If I went to a more traditional restaurant and I just had a salad and appetizer I would spend at least $14 and not be as full. Salads are raw and a great option for less money but Vitality offers more
Variety than salads . Quality ingredients and labor intensive recipes will cost more. Vitality Bistro is a wonderful option for those wanting a healthy dining out experience.

1  Thank HIlol52
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Drove from the villages to try this place out and was pleasantly surprised. First off, you don't have to be a vegan to like this place. I love bacon, but I can appreciate quality vegetable prepared with care. I think everyone would love the desserts though. Its the only place in driving distance that has gluten free beer!

Prices are fair and service was great. My waitress was really nice and helpful. The place itself was bright and cheerful. Food was fresh, colorful, well prepared and delicious.

If you have never eaten raw food and are close minded this place is not for you.
If you think Toojays Deli is a decent place to eat, this place is not for you.
If you think eating at a buffet is fun and inexpensive, this place is not for you.

On a side note, it gets me a bit mad when people say this place is expensive. Buying organic heirloom produce is expensive. As far as I am concerned, you opinion is invalid if you don't mind eating GMO garbage sprayed with chemicals and supporting government subsidized agro-business. Now that I have moved to the Villages I am going to support this place as much as I can.

2  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Everything here was amazingly good! And I love the fact that there is a plant based restaurant in Mt. Dora. My husband and I loved it. We would have gone there for dinner both nights but they are closed on Sundays so make your plans so you don't go when they are closed.