“Fun and Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
The Villages, Florida
“Fun and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Drove from the villages to try this place out and was pleasantly surprised. First off, you don't have to be a vegan to like this place. I love bacon, but I can appreciate quality vegetable prepared with care. I think everyone would love the desserts though. Its the only place in driving distance that has gluten free beer!

Prices are fair and service was great. My waitress was really nice and helpful. The place itself was bright and cheerful. Food was fresh, colorful, well prepared and delicious.

If you have never eaten raw food and are close minded this place is not for you.
If you think Toojays Deli is a decent place to eat, this place is not for you.
If you think eating at a buffet is fun and inexpensive, this place is not for you.

On a side note, it gets me a bit mad when people say this place is expensive. Buying organic heirloom produce is expensive. As far as I am concerned, you opinion is invalid if you don't mind eating GMO garbage sprayed with chemicals and supporting government subsidized agro-business. Now that I have moved to the Villages I am going to support this place as much as I can.

2 Thank Daniel D

Hollywood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So YUMMY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Everything here was amazingly good! And I love the fact that there is a plant based restaurant in Mt. Dora. My husband and I loved it. We would have gone there for dinner both nights but they are closed on Sundays so make your plans so you don't go when they are closed.

Visited January 2013
“Make sure you know what to expect before going”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Being vegan for about a year now I have encountered some great restaurants, but this one wasn't for me. The dough / breads have no rise to them like other vegan breads I've had before, I'm not sure if this is because it's "raw". Also, the lasagna description was confusing and I was expecting a "zucchini based noodle" which is what it said not "zucchini in place of a noodle". I'm glad I stuck it out for the desert, because the icecream was great. The kiwi lemonade was also great, if you like a sour drink. The atmosphere, and appearance was excellent as well. Just make sure you know what to expect, because it is very expensive. A glance at their online menu and perhaps a call with some questions could save you a lot of money you may regret spending.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
DC
“Too much salt!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I endorse this restaurant and it philosophy of eating for health. The staff are dedicated and wonderful. The service was great. I enjoy vegan meals but found our meals far too salty. The staff did nothing to repair our meals. We also thought the prices were unusually inflated. We won't be back. Sorry, as we totally support Mount Dora restaurants.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Coral Gables, Florida
“Great but overpriced food, if you like vegan & raw.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I wonder what the person who rated Vitality "horrible" was expecting when they went to a place that's clearly advertised as "living, vegan and organic"? The food isn't totally raw, they just heat it to 115 F so the nutrients aren't cooked off. I do agree on the overpriced aspect. Good quality organic food is neither easy nor cheap to prepare, but it shouldn't cost that much more, either. More on that later. We went for lunch and both had the Pad Thai "noodles" & veggies dish. It was delicious and we felt great hours later, not full or bloated. The raspberry lemonade was also terrific, as was the apple pie with vanilla "ice cream". The crust is dates & nuts crushed and pressed into a delicious shell that's every bit as good as the filling. Compare that to a typical, artery clogging crust of white flour & Crisco, yuck! So we loved the food but not the prices. The bill came to $55, pre tax or tip! Imagine going there for lunch often, let alone dinner? I get it, vegans are boxed in when it comes to options and the few decent places capitalize on their dedication (vegans spend a huge % of their $ on food), often bordering on obsession. I wish Vitality well and hope they prosper, but I also believe their prices will deter many patrons, especially in these tough $ times.

• Visited December 2012