“Cut Some Slack for Bob Evans”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #65 of 124 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: American
Description: This restaurant has only been open for about one month, but it is great and I would like to write a review of it.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

There are those that say this venue is used/abused primarily by those "...that just want to publish something bad about a business". Therefore, I think it a good idea to read what OTHER reviews that person wrote to see what kind of voice-box you might be listening to (maybe ALL negative?).
When I read the reviews on this restaurant, bashing it, I felt compelled to write in their defense. Bob Evans Restaurant is not Ruth Chris Steak House in Tampa, The Taboo in Palm Beach, Vic's Embers in Leesburg or Carmines in Palm Beach Gardens.. It is a simple family restaurant trying to give folks The Most For The Least. Simple meals with fresh baked bread for families that are on a budget, crawling through a Recession.
We have grabbed a quick meal there, maybe a dozen times, on our way to Publix. Their bi-line is "Food From The Farm". That kind of says it all. Basic Meals fixed with Fresh Products served in an incredibly clean environment by (for the most part) Young, Happy People, at Righteous Prices. There's nothing 'spectacular' about this restaurant. Really, nothing. But, when you want to fill-up on a Good, Wholesome Meal for around $20 + tip, this Restaurant beats the local Perkins, Chili's, Denny's,Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, Soup To Nuts, and Golden Corral ~ hands down.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had heard about Bob Evans' restaurants over the years but had never eaten there and decided to give it a try while we were passing through Mt. Dora, FL.

The restaurant appears to be new and was exceptionally clean. They offer uncomplicated, American family fare at fair prices. We went there for lunch and had one of their specials - soup or salad (we had tomato basil soup which was very good), choice of bread (i.e., seasonal baked bread or rolls), flounder breaded in a hashbrown potato coating with a side of broccoli and for dessert, a scoop of ice cream with your choice of syrup (or a cookie) for $10.00. The food was well-prepared and appetizing. The staff was attentive and helpful.

They also have a bakery area when you come in where you can buy seasonal baked items.

If you are looking for family fare at economical prices, you should give Bob Evans a try.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This restaurant opened up with a few kinks and then it was decent. However, I would have to recommend staying away after my last meal there. Coffee was awful. The server didn't comprehend what "a few more minutes" meant. She must of asked us if we were ready 3 times within 5 minutes. The home fries are always semi-frozen. I have had this experience in two other locations so it must be process failure. The food was barely tolerable. I had a few iffy encounters within the last couple of months and kept on saying I wouldn't go back. No more second chances. You may enjoy the food if you are over 80 and have no taste buds left.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have been twice. My husband loves the Biscuit & Gravy. I had breakfast & came with loaded patotes. I did not like them at all & didn't remember ordering them like that. The second time our visit with another couple. They all ordred breakfast & I ordered all the soup & salad. The waiter brought my soup & salad right away, while the others waited. Then when their food arrived, I ask for more soup & they were out of it & said I would have to wait 10 min or more. I decided against. Next time I guess I will check if they have plenty of the soup I order & have them wait to bring all the food at once.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We are very familiar with Bob Evans from our experiences in Northern Virginia. This Florida location does not disappoint.