“OMG - the carrot cake!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Orlando, Florida
“OMG - the carrot cake!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stopped in on Valentine's Day after a nearby dinner (delicious!) at the Bavarian Haus. We enjoyed the new decor / seating arrangements as we have been coming to this coffee house for about 10 years now. Met Olivia (wife of David), the new owner, and she was very friendly. We were promptly served delicious tea and cappucino, along with the OUTSTANDING carrot cake that her mother makes. This carrot cake alone is worth the drive out to Mount Dora. You will NOT regret ordering it! We also got another slice of it and the tempting red velvet cake to take home. A talented musician started to play on the porch as we were leaving - a great addition to the coffee house to have music! BTW, she will come to your table to take payment after she brings you out your food / drinks - a nice touch that gives you a more intimate feel than a typical "order / pay here" type of place!

Visited February 2014

Grosse Pointe, MI
“Adorable and friendly”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for coffee and dessert after having dinner at the Goblin's Market. We had no idea that the singer on the front porch was owner/singer David Willis from American Idol, which explains the talent. People were gathered around singing with him. A very old fashioned, informal sing-along. Such a friendly vibe here. David's wife -- I asked -- served us. Adorable and so nice. We had the chocolate cake. Some of the best I've ever had. Went back for breakfast -- they do grits amazingly well. I have to add that I'm really surprised at some of the other reviews. It kind of breaks my heart for this couple doing such a great thing at such a young age. I love young people who really go for it in life. My friend and I both had such a positive reaction to the place. It's not fast food. Things are cooked to order. And the owners are warm and, from what we observed, hard working. Very small place. Outside seating. Tucked away on a little back street in the downtown area. A close walk from where we stayed: at the Maison en Ville on Donnelly Street.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank DameLilla
Eustis, Florida
“Overpriced”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a sandwich and some coffee. Although it was good, it was way overpriced. You can find the same items for cheaper elsewhere in downtown. Nice location and decor but nothing special. The music is a little distracting as well when you just want to sit and relax.

mount dora
“Newest place to be in Mt Dora”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Recently opened on Dora Drawdy Lane (Dora kept the boardinghouse where the town's surveyors stayed and named the town after her) is a coffee house opened by the town's newest celebrity! David Oliver Willis, who we all loved on American Idol , opened the coffeehouse. But while the music he creates is wonderful, the pastries make it a "must see" in town.

Tavares, Florida
“Arrogant, staring owners”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I guess all the hype about this place is it is owned by a "musical" couple. The owner was so arrogant, making my questions about the menu seem stupid and trivial, and the wife just stared at me and didn't return my greeting back or even acknowledge me. I left because they were so rude and arrogant. Its a shame, I wanted to give it a try but bad owners and service made me leave.

• Visited July 2013
DoraDave, Owner at Mount Dora Coffee House, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hello. I'm one of the owners of the said coffeehouse and have never been in the least arrogant to anyone. I wouldn't even typically respond to a harking review however the attack on my character and that of my wife's was enough to peak my interest. I can't even recall the situation. We may have been caught off guard because we were not on the clock last Friday but preparing to perform on Friday evening. If you see fit, do try us again. We would love to have you. Being in this message and get $5.00 off your next visit if you chose to give us another try. David Oliver Willis 352-587-7967