“Adorable and friendly”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Grosse Pointe, MI
“Adorable and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for coffee and dessert after having dinner at the Goblin's Market. We had no idea that the singer on the front porch was owner/singer David Willis from American Idol, which explains the talent. People were gathered around singing with him. A very old fashioned, informal sing-along. Such a friendly vibe here. David's wife -- I asked -- served us. Adorable and so nice. We had the chocolate cake. Some of the best I've ever had. Went back for breakfast -- they do grits amazingly well. I have to add that I'm really surprised at some of the other reviews. It kind of breaks my heart for this couple doing such a great thing at such a young age. I love young people who really go for it in life. My friend and I both had such a positive reaction to the place. It's not fast food. Things are cooked to order. And the owners are warm and, from what we observed, hard working. Very small place. Outside seating. Tucked away on a little back street in the downtown area. A close walk from where we stayed: at the Maison en Ville on Donnelly Street.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank DameLilla

Eustis, Florida
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a sandwich and some coffee. Although it was good, it was way overpriced. You can find the same items for cheaper elsewhere in downtown. Nice location and decor but nothing special. The music is a little distracting as well when you just want to sit and relax.

mount dora
“Newest place to be in Mt Dora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Recently opened on Dora Drawdy Lane (Dora kept the boardinghouse where the town's surveyors stayed and named the town after her) is a coffee house opened by the town's newest celebrity! David Oliver Willis, who we all loved on American Idol , opened the coffeehouse. But while the music he creates is wonderful, the pastries make it a "must see" in town.

Tavares, Florida
“Arrogant, staring owners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I guess all the hype about this place is it is owned by a "musical" couple. The owner was so arrogant, making my questions about the menu seem stupid and trivial, and the wife just stared at me and didn't return my greeting back or even acknowledge me. I left because they were so rude and arrogant. Its a shame, I wanted to give it a try but bad owners and service made me leave.

• Visited July 2013
DoraDave, Owner at Mount Dora Coffee House, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hello. I'm one of the owners of the said coffeehouse and have never been in the least arrogant to anyone. I wouldn't even typically respond to a harking review however the attack on my character and that of my wife's was enough to peak my interest. I can't even recall the situation. We may have been caught off guard because we were not on the clock last Friday but preparing to perform on Friday evening. If you see fit, do try us again. We would love to have you. Being in this message and get $5.00 off your next visit if you chose to give us another try. David Oliver Willis 352-587-7967
Fort Myers, Florida
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Mount Dora Coffee House was the only place to get breakfast in Mount Dora. Eating there would not have been my first choice however the staff at the Coffee House very nice.

Visited June 2013