“Arrogant, staring owners”

Mount Dora Coffee House
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I guess all the hype about this place is it is owned by a "musical" couple. The owner was so arrogant, making my questions about the menu seem stupid and trivial, and the wife just stared at me and didn't return my greeting back or even acknowledge me. I left because they were so rude and arrogant. Its a shame, I wanted to give it a try but bad owners and service made me leave.

DoraDave, Owner at Mount Dora Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello. I'm one of the owners of the said coffeehouse and have never been in the least arrogant to anyone. I wouldn't even typically respond to a harking review however the attack on my character and that of my wife's was enough to peak my interest. I can't even recall the situation. We may have been caught off guard because we were not on the clock last Friday but preparing to perform on Friday evening. If you see fit, do try us again. We would love to have you. Being in this message and get $5.00 off your next visit if you chose to give us another try. David Oliver Willis 352-587-7967

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Mount Dora Coffee House was the only place to get breakfast in Mount Dora. Eating there would not have been my first choice however the staff at the Coffee House very nice.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had coffee and breakfast at this very nice coffee spot on June 18th. The coffee and atmosphere was excellent but breakfast fell very short. Prices are to high, portions are small and it lacks love. I would go back for coffee but not breakfast.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had lunch and it was yummy, I had quesadia, my husband crab cakes and we both enjoyed so much, we had a piece of homemade chocolate cake.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Mount Dora Coffee House and Bistro, formerly Mount Dora Coffee House, has new owners to go along with its refreshed names. Your hosts, David and Olivia, welcome you to the refreshed spot for food, beverages, and live entertainment. Formerly more quiet and out of the way, the Coffee House and Bistro sits along Dora Drawdy Way, an alley in the historic town, next to The Goblin Market. Worth a little searching (not really, but unless you know the town) for a great new gourmet menu (as of our visit they were still on an opening menu), including a popular breakfast, gourmet sandwiches, and beverages to tempt and delight. David has told us they want to provide a memorable experience, welcoming people as friends, and offering food that is made on site, fresh. (I'd give it a 5 star, but they've only begun... so that might - likely - go up!)

Live music is on tap, drawing many down this alley, a once quiet and unnoticed section of town. Walk by the entry to the alleyway and note all the people standing around, enjoying the music, talking, engaging, and having a nice time. From its grand opening evening to our last pass by this week, people are coming here because it is the new "it place" in Mount Dora.

Take note: David is a 2013 Top 25 American Idol contestant, and though he won't be performing all the time, those in town know his talent and its well worth checking their site to see when he is on stage. The fact he and Olivia are also great people points to why people return again and again: its a great place to patron, in part because the owners are such great people! So visit where the locals know is a fun place... and enjoy!