“Exciting ride and tour”
Review of CraigCat Tours

CraigCat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Every Tour Is An Adventure! Let the experts at CraigCat Tours guide you on a fun filled tour across Lake Dora and through a 2000 year old cypress tree lined waterway.The Dora Canal has been called -"The Most Beautiful Mile In The World". Scenes from the movie "African Queen" with Humphrey Bogart were filmed in the Dora Canal! Our Tour is fully narrated and guided. We start at Gilbert Park just two blocks from downtown Mt. Dora, see the sights of the Mt. Dora shoreline and then cruise at high speed across Lake Dora to the Dora Canal. We exclusively use CraigCat powerboats. CraigCats are safe, stable, fun and unsinkable.
Freelton, Ontario
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Exciting ride and tour”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went out on the 1 pm tour form Mt Dora today and what a fun and enjoyable trip. The guide was great and the things we saw from the lake and canal were very interesting. We took a reviewers advice about getting wet so we were ready. A little breezy today so there was spray and some waves. The change rooms/washrooms across the road are close and clean The boat was stable and easy to control along with fast. Overall a great ride and a great experience well worth the money for a two our cruise.

Visited December 2012

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Absolutely loved it! Great fun and an interesting commentary from Bob. The craft are very easy to drive and appear very safe. There is a good chance that you'll get slightly wet though (in the bottom area) as some water splashes in when you're motoring along. Excellent value for money!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Nick E
Brandon, Florida
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Must do!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a fun day this was, I drove 2 hrs & would do it again. We were unfortunately about 20 mins late because of an unexpected event which closed streets and parking was rough, but everyone at CraigCat was amazing. They waited for us and were super nice! Good Job staff!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank kmatos
Orlando, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A Must when visiting Mount Dora!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff is extremely professional, equipment, catamaran 2 seats boat is very safe.
The tour is beautiful and lots of fun! What a great way to enjoy a beautiful day in Florida.
We had a great time!We got a bit wet, my husband went wild...just across the street there is a public park, bathroom was clean and convenient for changing and going for lunch in Mount Dora.

Visited October 2012
Chuluota, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I bought my tickets on Groupon and got a great deal. I was very excited to go out on Lake Dora. My husband wasn't too thrilled, he thought two hours was too long out on the lake. We went out with our group (my husband and I in our boat) and my husband quickly decided driving the boat was the most awesome thing ever. He also discovered that our boat was the quickest! We loved hearing about the history, the wildlife and going down the canal was spectacular!! On the way back my husband decided to try and jump every wake, and do rooster tails. I have come to the conclusion that we will NEVER own a boat!! He's crazy..lol! I'm so happy the Craig Cats are so safe...there was no way he could tip that thing over, no matter how hard he tried! We got done with the tour and my husband said "it's over already?"! We both thought it went by way to quickly. We had the best time- it was a blast!

Visited October 2012