“Awesome!”
Review of Cupcake Delights

Cupcake Delights
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Mount Dora
Description: Cupcake Delights is located in downtown Mount Dora, FL. We specialize in flavored cupcakes, hand crafted coffee drinks and special ordered small cakes.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Mount Dora and we sort of stumbled upon Cupcake Delights while checking out the shops downtown. They have apparently recently moved to this new location so I have included a photo so you know what you are looking for.

We shared a Key Lime Cupcake and it was wonderful. Not too sweet and not too tart, just perfect. We loved it and will certainly be back. If you go, try to go early. We weren't planning on stopping so we got there around closing time for them. Many of the cupcakes were already sold out so the selection was smaller, but we were still very happy with our purchase.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Fantastic cupcakes, very fresh with sweet creamy frosting! Many different falvors to choose from.....they also have donuts! Cute little shop...cupcake prices about average for these little cupcake shops....they did offer a senior discount (we were there on a Thursday)...Will DEFINITELY go again!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Cupcake Delights lives up to its name and truly is a delight. I'm somewhat local and find myself going to Cupcake Delights on a regular basis even with the 30 minute drive.

Recently the shop moved (1 block away) and now enjoys a larger space with more tables for seating. An earlier review was correct that the previous location was extremely small with only a tiny table or two inside and was not ideal for eating in the store, but that is no longer an issue and the interior decor at the new location is very cute.

On this most recent visit I did not notice any more cupcake flavors available than before in spite of the larger place, but they are now making donuts. I have mixed feelings about this because they do the cupcakes so well and I hope they do not lose any focus on the cupcakes to make donuts. To be honest, I have not yet tried any of their donuts, but visually they appear very basic with only a moderate/light amount of toppings and no 'wow' factor visually.

However, their cupcakes are delightfully delicious. They have many favorites available daily as well as a good rotation of creative flavors--I have not tried a flavor that I did not like. The icings/toppings are tasty and rich and always in good proportion to the amount of cake. The cake itself has always been moist and fresh and the cupcakes as a whole have a very 'homemade' feel to them. Some flavors consist of cupcakes that are 'stuffed', which is a yummy surprise.

I also appreciate that the actual flavors come out in each their cupcakes. Sometimes individual cupcake flavors get lost or muddled either because places don't use enough of that particular ingredient or the density of the icing overpowers it to the point flavors don't distinguish all that much from cupcake to cupcake, but that is not a problem here as each cupcake flavor stands out nicely against the others.

Service has always been polite, friendly and helpful and the overall experience is even nicer with their new place and more open area.

Cupcake Delights is certainly the best cupcake I've had in the local area, but isn't quite at the level of some of the popular Orlando places (for me, Sweet! and Gigi's are tough to beat-but they are also more expensive). However, Cupcake Delights is worth a '5' for the local area.

So do your sweet tooth favor and stop in to their new location and grab some tasty cupcakes. Enjoy it while you walk around quaint Mount Dora or enjoy it inside their cute, larger, new location...now you really can have your cupcake and eat it (inside) too!

3  Thank dbfoodie
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

These cupcakes are made fresh,and taste amazing. You can't beat the price. I always try the special for the day.

2  Thank Wannabeglobetrotter2
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a very great cupcake shop. Love all of the flavors that I have tried but the chocolate chip cookie dough is my fav. They are moving to a new bigger shop in a couple of weeks and are going to start making doughnuts as well. Can't wait to try that.