“Very nice place to stay”
Review of Maison en Ville

Maison en Ville
Ranked #7 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We spent three nights/two days and stayed in the Baobab Suite, which was very clean, quiet, comfortable and nicely decorated. Houston, the owner, has given some thought to what a traveler needs, with extra towels in the closet, a small frig and server with tea, coffee, glasses, etc. Flat screen TV you can watch from bed. It's an old house that has been renovated into suites, nicely done. The location is perfect, you can walk downtown, and it's a short drive to Rennigers if you shop there. Houston was very nice and just a phone call away if needed. It was our first time in Mt. Dora and I would love to go back.

Room Tip: Baobab suite is nicely decorated, more suited to my husband's taste than a Victorian suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We decided to stay here based on the great reviews on this website. We were very happy we did as it's right downtown so we could walk everywhere.
We stayed in the Tamarind Suite which was spacious, comfortable and stylish. Everything we needed was there and Houston was very accommodating and just a phone call away. I'm looking forward to coming back during the arts/crafts festival and staying here again. Pizza Amore is next door and caused us to crave pizza every time we walked out the door. Mt. Dora is a beautiful and friendly little town. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a weekend in the Baobab Suite. We had a great stay. The room was decorated very nicely and the bed was SO comfortable. The location is perfect and within walking distance to everything in town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Although this not a true bed and breakfast it has the feel of one. Houston, the owner, was very accomodating and gave me great locations to visit during my stay. There are great places to eat and shop all within a short walk of the Inn. As a female, I stayed by myself and never had any issues with feeling unsafe no matter where I went. I came home relaxed and ready to take on the world once again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My daughter and I just returned from staying at Maison en Ville for her birthday getaway. We were in # 1 which had twin beds which was one reason I found Maison. Everything was perfect and Houston was such a gracious host and very accommodating. He was only a phone call away but we didn't have to call because he had thought of everything! The room's decor was very pleasing, the AC was great, and the bed and linens very impressive and comfortable. It was totally clean....felt like home. We felt like we were in our own cottage. So convenient to the shops and restaurants, and yes the pizza next door is great! I plan to return again, and really enjoyed the slow season!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Maison is conveniently located, so you can park your car and walk to shops and restaurants. The Mahoghany Suite is charming and comfortable. It was great having a full kitchen. An added bonus was sitting on the screened porch sipping wine and listening to the rain on the tin roof.....very relaxing. Houston is an attentive host. Even though he does not live on site, Houston is literally just a phone call and a few minutes away. The Crab Cakes Benedict for Sunday brunch overlooking the lake at Pisces Rising was a great way to end the weekend.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We are repeat visitors to Maison in Mount Dora and highly recommend you visit this private and cozy inn. Houston is the perfect innkeeper and will accomodate any special needs. Walk dowtown or just hang out under the trees out back. We promise - you'll LOVE it!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Magnolia Inn B&B
Magnolia Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Mount Dora
Heron Cay Lakeview Bed & Breakfast

Been to Maison en Ville? Share your experiences!