“Friendly place for a casual bite”
Review of The Lost Parrot - CLOSED

The Lost Parrot
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Decent meal at fair prices. A/c could have been cooler. Friendly service but at informal standard . Wrap was a nice alternative to a burger

1  Thank Mtucker58
There are newer reviews for The Lost Parrot

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went in on a busy Saturday and was pleasantly surprised! Our server was friendly and fast, but in no way did we feel rushed. Ordered drinks and some conch fritters, and proceeded to relax and do some people watching from our table.
Hubby's beer was cold, my margarita was nicely salted, but the conch fritters were wonderful!! Perfectly cooked, not greasy at all, with nice chunks of conch to sink your teeth into! Some of the best fritters I've had outside of the Keys.
Will be back the next time we're in town!

1  Thank gpisces
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Food was really good, however, no free WiFi (was told they have it but they don't give out the code because employees were using it). Asked to have chicken salad over salad instead of wrap but was told that was $1.00 extra. Too much nickel and diming for me, but again the food was quite good.

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

So we had walked by this place several times while staying in mt Dora, so we thought maybe it wasn't very good. We gave it a try tonight, and we're blown away by it! It was reasonably priced, the waitress, Bethany was attentive but not intrusive, and the food was fantastic. We expected overpriced bar food, but my husband got phenomenal jerk chicken pasta and I got crab cakes with veggies and rice. SO good. And we got dessert, a huge piece of homade made key lime pie and I got strawberry chocolate mousse. Both amazing, and both under four bucks a piece! So glad we went, and there was even live music at the end of our meal. Great food, great service, and it was way less $$ than we expected in a tourist town. Just don't get the tap water in any place in mount Dora, because the city water is gross. But lost parrot? Great.

1  Thank LJ N
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I took a motorcycle ride to Mr. Dora (I have never been there) to look around and do some shopping. We stopped at The Lost Parrot for lunch, this is one of the best burgers I have ever had, the service was just great and I loved how we could sit at the open windows to look out right at the sidewalk. Thanks for making are riding worth while and we will tell all our friends know this is a great place to stop during a ride!!!!!

1  Thank Stay071060