“Excellent food, but were understafed.”
Review of The Lost Parrot - CLOSED

The Lost Parrot
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great meal, the prime rib was excellent, and my wife claimed it was the best steak she has had in a long time. The only problen was they were obviously understaffed. Requests were forgotten, and we waited for our order to be taken, and longer than usual for our food. The staff was very apologetic, however, we will most likely return, but another experience with an unprepared staff would mark this one off of our Mt. Dora dining list.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very casual atmosphere, porch seemed dated and grungy. Found out there was more dining next door that was nicer and warmer. Porch was cool the day we ate, and fans wouldn't respond to being shut off.
I was very disappointed in my chicken sandwich. It was hard to cut, I was concerned about how cooked it was, and tasted like it was a processed chicken breast of some sort. Onion rings were very mediocre and were obviously not freshly made.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Lunch was great! We didn't wait to be seated. Food was amazing! Still craving the chicken salad. The atmosphere was fun and eclectic. Will definately go back next time we visit Mt Dora

2  Thank Flmum
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Funky old Florida charm exudes in this open window restaurant that provides an outside dining experience while sitting inside. Watch the world go by through several massive open windows and try Dees home made chilli! Loved it!

1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I ordered the blackened tuna. It tasted horrible and smelled like a very old fish that sat in the sun for days. I sent it back and the owner said fish is supposed to smell and taste fishy and would not give me a new meal or my money back. My husband did not like his meal either.