“Worth the trip!”

Ranked #15 of 43 things to do in Mount Dora
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went here for the first time today. LOVED this place! It is way out in the middle of nowhere; as I was driving I was thinking that it may have been a bad choice, not worth the drive, etc. I was gladly proven wrong. The maze was really cool and there are several other attractions that the kids absolutely loved (bounce pillow, zip line, huge slide and cool playground among them). My kids are 6, 4, and 2 and there was something for everyone... all just good old fashioned fun. We did not purchase any food but there were plenty of food vendors, variety. There are adequate covered picnic tables and you can bring in your own food. Bathrooms are port-a-potties which is not great but at a venue like this it is probably unavoidable... they were plentiful and scattered over the farm making them convenient, if not my first choice for facilities. Unfortunately, we did not get to visit the store to buy local produce because it was pouring rain when we left so we just bailed. I will absolutely take the trip back again- great family day

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time visiting this year, we enjoyed the corn maze.. but next time I'd wait until the weather gets a lot cooler :-) Kids enjoyed themselves and the staff was very inviting and friendly. Bring your bottled water and snacks if you have little ones... and don't wear your white sneakers because of the dusted crops. We sprayed bug spray on all of us, but I think that just made it worse with the tiny flies and more dust stuck on our skin as we walked through the maze. Overall, this place was neat... I would visit again. Thanks for a great experience & the Living Social deal! :-)

1  Thank Lynn F
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I loved going to the Farm and doing the Six Acre Corn Maze. Sure I got my feet dirty but yes we were in a real corn field. This place is great for families with kids not one cuss word was uddered . The grounds are huge with a big play area for kids and a mini maze. We had a very good Italian sausage at the food cart near the Maze . Hayride was informative, very informative a little bit too much information and not enough Whoop to do but still good . This is not a pretty place but I had pretty good fun. The portalet I used was clean enough for me. As for the staff I found them very friendly and super busy on the Sunday I went.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just visited this place today with our three children (4, 8, & 9 y.o.) Let me start off by saying...overall it turned out to be a very nice visit but be forewarned and learn from my experience. We arrived an hour early on a Sunday morning @ 11am and the gates were closed (my bad, i thought it was 10am opening which was NOT Sunday opening time, which is 12pm).......we drove around the town for some time to kill and came back at 11:53. When we pulled in we were instructed by a surly, stressed gentleman telling us we had to join the pile up of newly arrived cars in a tiny dirt parking lot across the street. You see, people were arriving even 10-15 minutes BEFORE 12pm and the gates were still closed so to get people out of the drive leading to the gate they piled up cars across the street. 12 pm exactly comes, the gates open. Suddenly A CLUSTER EFF of cars come into the parking lot from both directions of the road AND across the street from the tiny lot with NO ONE directing traffic......RIDIC!! (funny, how we were the first ones to arrive here and ended up being....em, NOT, when we got there ON TIME! LOL). As it is, I really don't have any advice for you on this except that you SHOULD arrive early or on time for the least amount of stress on a Sunday as it gets very busy quickly and you will be stuck on another line in the heat (please put a shade here, please!) for tickets....if you DO arrive early, just park across the street from the entrance and expect a cluster [--] going in......hey, i do realize it's not major theme park efficiency by a planetary long shot......but why can't you just let cars park in the lot before the farm opens but only start selling tickets when it does? And, you've been doing this for ten years? Another piece of advice, buy tickets online, a day early, so you won't be in the long line, in the heat with ONLY TWO cashier booths to service the long line (they should add two more, imho)......Now onto the pleasant part of the review...Long n Scott farms is a pretty decent place to spend a day with the family. Once we got past the parking/ticket mess and into the entrance we headed toward the left side of the farm which has a fun kids area with covered patio chairs, zip lining, a huge slide, rubber tire park, bouncy thingy and jungle gym with SEE-SAWs (we esp LOVED this feature and considered it a "relic"...loved showing the kids "...hey when we were little!!!...."), face painting and food tents. We brought our own cooler with sandwiches and drinks but couldn't miss the boiled corn that is sold there and i can attest was very snappy and sweet. The kids had a blast on the zip line and the entire play area, really. They could easily spend a full afternoon there if we allowed it. We didn't do the smaller corn maze but "got lost" in the larger one. It was our first and certainly fun to do. Don't expect to push anything like stroller or a wagon in there...the rows are filled with dirt. I agree with another reviewer here, wear old sneakers and sox. No proper washrooms, toilets...just port o potties. As we left, we bought some corn. From the gift shop, we avoided purchasing the Scott Farm brand preserves and butter that were "especially made for" them shipped in from Pennsylvania. Odd. All in all, we will come back someday with family using a groupon or living social. I would give it 3.5 stars in between average and very good taking points away for the overall operations management. After ten years i'd expect it to run a lot smoother with clearer signage.

3  Thank lovetogogogo...
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I got a groupon deal and it still wasn't a deal. The outdoor cafe was bad. The store was overpriced. The maze was weak. Small stalks and everything looked dead. The tractor ride was useless. If you own a pair of shoes, have more than 3 teeth and can spell, don't go.

2  Thank ggg212121