“Beautiful fresh produce”

Ranked #13 of 44 things to do in Mount Dora
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 26, 2012

These folks always have a nice selection of fresh, locally grown produce. in the fall, bring the kids to the corn maze.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a fantastic day enjoying Long & Scott Farms Maze Adventure.

This place is heaven for kids, families and people who are kids at heart.

I was floored by how much there is to do. A mini maze, a big maze, tree maze and even a cute little rock labrinth for the kids. There was a mist maze and goofy wind tunnel to cool off in and lots of great stuff to eat and drink. They have a neato superslide, fishing pond ziplines and face painting for the kids as well as a playground and giant sandbox.

We loved all the scare crows and hay bale characters. The pumpkin patch was really nice -- every concieveable size and color from teeny-tiny palm sized pumpkins to giant jumbos from dark orange to pure white.

Can't tell you how much fun the maze was. I'd never done one before and I enjoyed every minute. We were there a few hours and had a blast. I imagine that if you have kids you could easily spend the entire day on the farm enjoying all the fun stuff for kids. Well worth every penny!

The drive to the farm was very pleasent and as we were leaving we picked out two gorgeous pumpkins and paid only $12 for both! The lady in the general store gave us quick, easy directions into downtown Mt. Dora where there are tons of great cafes and restaurants and lots of quaint shops and antiquing everywhere.

We had such a marvelous day! I'm already looking forward to our visit next year!

TIPS:
Make sure to wear sunscreen and hats. I also recommend a little bug spray. We did all three and had zero problems with sunburns or bug bites.

You absolutely must wear closed toe shoes or you will not be admitted. The path through the maze is quite dusty . . . I recommend wearing an old pair of sneakers and socks you don't mind getting dirty.

I wish I had some baby wipes on my to wipe the dust off my legs after the corn maze. It isn't super dusty but if you've got sunscreen and/or bug spray on your legs the dust will cling to your skin.

There are only a couple of hand washing stations throughout the farm -- I would recommend carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer in your pocket or bag.

7  Thank Pamela D
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This farm has a lot of fun activities for families including a corn maze in the Fall. A great Saturday morning outing.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Went for vegetables, they hardly had any. Woman approached me and said "what are you doing here." Very rude and very disappointed in the produce they had.

2  Thank wendygirl428
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great place to go and get what you need. You won't be disappointed