“Delicious New England Style Seafood”

Whales Tale Fish House
Ranked #33 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: 352-385-1500
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you're a transplant from 'up north' and are craving the seafood, this is the place to go. We had whole clams, with bellies, and fish and chips with sides of fries and onion rings. Everything was delicious and the prices were extremely reasonable. The only thing I would like to see would be a more crispy, beer-style batter on the fish. Other than that we left satisfied. The portions were good for the prices. It's a little hard to see from the road, though, so look carefully. The owner and servers were cordial and attentive. Again, a great experience.

1  Thank Ray K
There are newer reviews for Whales Tale Fish House

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We very much enjoyed our dinner and the service was terrific and I was amazed at the view and the sunset. It was a very romantic dinner and we will definitely return and recommend to others who may be traveling there as well.

1  Thank Annette J
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I read the reviews and decided to try it. I was very dissappointed the waitress recommended the crab cakes, well they were o k but certainly not great in my opinion. The sides were in sampler kiddy cups,really are baked beans and grits that expensive to serve and then when I got the bill I was shocked, it was Rediculous and my Wife even drank water and neither of us had dessert. I will not go back! On the positive side the restaurant was very clean and the poor waitress was very nice but had to be embarrassed with the size of the servings.

3  Thank trainman5360
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Favorite place of our relatives and one of ours too when we visit. Good food, good prices, good service from a dedicated staff. What more could you ask for in a seafood dining experience. The crab cakes were the best. The onion rings, scallops and fried shrimp, steamed veggies and onion rings are great. All the fried stuff is hand battered and very light.

2  Thank IAMAPI
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Made me a little home sick for the Ocean. The decor was cute...... Service was good.... Did not have to ask for nothing.... I hope you folks are here to stay....Thank you.........

1  Thank chedegard