“Another fantastic stay!”

Coconut Cottage Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Dora
Coconut Cottage Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stayed at this lovely B&B again for the second time in 2011. We visited in December for the town's Christmas Walk and Parade. It was wonderful! As always, Nancy and Gary proved to be the best of hosts and gave us many tips, including a wonderful visit to Bok Tower in Lake Wales. They made dinner reservations for us and filled us in on all the activities going on in that beautiful little town.

Chatting over breakfast is so wonderful and relaxing! Nancy and Gary are very knowledgeable and very interesting people - there's always a unique story or vignette to tell.

We are looking forward to another lovely visit with them very soon. Give the Coconut Cottage a try. You will love it!

Room Tip: The Asia Room is fantastic!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a getaway weekend and wanted to stay at a B&B. We chose the Coconut Cottage Inn because of the unique rooms they offered. We stayed in the India room which was beautifully decorated. It was clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, it was cozy and romantic. Exactly what we were looking for. It was one-of-a-kind room that you would not get anywhere else. We were lucky enough to get a glimpse of the Asian room which is also a perfect room to stay in. That will be our next room for our next trip to Mt. Dora. The owners Gary and Nancy were extremely hospitable and offered lots of information about Mt. Dora. We were in walking distance to everything. The breakfast was amazing. We found ourselves looking forward to the next breakfast. You can see they put a lot of time and detail into everything they had to offer. I left feeling well rested and refreshed. I would highly recommend the Coconut Cottage Inn. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Quaint, charming, quiet and clean! Phenomenal accommodations & breakfast. Loved our room ... Stayed in the Asia room with a nice large bedroom, silky sheets, comfortable mattress, hardwood floors, our own private screened balcony & beautiful spacious bathroom. Had a great time biking everywhere. Great recommendations from our innkeepers Gary & Nancy .... We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to go somewhere different for our anniversary. After deciding on Mt Dora, he made all the arrangements. I was in complete shock, this place is fantastic. What a treasure he found!

The rooms were beautiful and very clean! We had the Asian room with the big garden tub. I really didn't want to leave. I felt so at home in that room. The decor was gorgeous and perfectly picked out.

Nancy and Gary were very welcoming and really went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of. From showing us the entire inn.. how to work the lights, to making sure we knew where we were going and what there was to do in the area. Breakfast was amazing! Since this was my first visit to a B&B I was really expecting bagels, and possibly just muffins.. instead we had a gorgeous table set with a fresh fruit bowl, muffins, breakfast made to order. Nancy was very thoughtful to ask if either one of us had any allergies.

If you have any doubts about this B&B, don't.. read the reviews, they are all right on the money. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic getaway you can't.. let me rephrase, you won't go wrong with this place. When we left not only did I feel like we had a great weekend getaway but we felt like we walked away meeting new friends. I would recommend this B&B to any of my friends that are looking for a nice weekend away.

Nancy and Gary, thank you so much for having us and making great memories with us. I'm sure we will be seeing you again soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Nancy was so very helpful from the very first moment I spoke to her on the telephone. She explained the setup of their home, where to park, etc. Their B&B was very easy to find. Checkin was painless with brownies still warm from the oven. Nancy had even made us a reservation at a restaurant I had mentioned during our telephone conversation. She showed us walking and driving maps of the town before we set off.

The room was perfect. Clean, comfortable, quiet and peaceful. Nancy went above and beyond to make our stay better than being in our own home.

The whole house is decorated in a very interesting style and it makes for very many observations and conversations. Breakfast was incredible. We found the table set in the most appealing way with an incredible presentation. I would go back to visit Mount Dora again just to stay with Nancy and enjoy the hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndi T
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Inn owners Nancy and Gary were exceptional hosts for our respite in Mt. Dora. From the moment we arrived, tired and hungry from a full day of driving, they graciously welcomed us and guided us through the plethora of dining experiences waiting for us in Mt. Dora. Their advice was well taken, we had an amazing time.
After a great night's rest, we were served a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, homemade muffins, and a ham and veggie souffle. Thank you Nancy and Gary for making our experience so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Loved the Asia room. Clean, comfortable, and very zen.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lora036
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were looking for a bed and breakfast in Mt. Dora and we found this one for our short stay. Really lovely. It was easy to find, clean, colorful and quiet. (I was looking at some of the others and didn't want a dark, Victorian type atmosphere.) Our host and hostess were polite and tactful which made the stay a real pleasure.
I would say that I am probably most particular about cleanliness and this one was 5 star.
I'm a seasoned traveler and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple