“Great food bad service”

Ranked #3 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Cuban cuisine! Opened since 2009! Delicious and fresh home cooking! Great quality! Voted best mojitos and Cuban sandwich in Central Florida! We take reservations for Special Occasions! We hold large parties!(Indoors & Outdoors seating!) Experienced staff!
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went here for lunch and got seated and served right away. We got our orders quickly and the food was fantastic. We were looking forward to some nice Cuban coffee. Instead we sat and sat. The gentleman who was serving us seemed to be more interested in sitting with other people at their tables. Finally, I had to get up and flag down a waitress. I told her we wanted coffee and the dishes cleared from our table. She looked very annoyed, but said okay. She came by with coffee and we had to ask her again to take the empty plates. Then I had to track someone down again to get our check. That's when the gentleman finally came to the table. The food and the atmosphere of the restaurant are wonderful, but being ignored like that really took away from the whole experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The best cuban food I've had in a while and I'm from Miami. As full as the restaurant was our food came out at a timely matter, portions were plentiful our mojitos were delicious BUT the owner gave us the impression he isn't a pleasant person. He kept pulling our waitress aside side and gesturing unpleasantness. He was down right rude, demanding, he was very distracting. Its a good thing the food was as good as it is otherwise his attitude would keep us from going back. We had the palomilla steak (delicious), creole sauce shrimp with veggie dish (delicious), pork chunks with yellow rice (dry but good), mojitos (delicious).

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Wife and I were out for a little drive and decided to stop at Copacabana for a "cuban" lunch. Greeted immediately and seated right away. Wife had a cocktail and I enjoyed a nice fresh Presidente draft beer. Fairly extensive menu for lunch and we had the "Picadillo" and the "Pescado" lunch items. For Cuban food it was neither exceptional nor bad. Just average, which based upon a lot of todays places is probably good. Service was very good as the 2 waiters in the restaurant cover for each other and we were never left hanging. So based on all of that would we go there again..... yes........ and the next time to try the dinners.... looked interesting.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Atmosphere is average; food is good. Service was lacking during our visit. We first had the bartender as our waiter, then the owner... and by the time we were looking for the check, we had to get up and find someone to take our money. That's pretty frustrating. But, the place was very popular and it's obvious that the owner knows many of his patrons.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We visited Mt. Dora last year with my cousins. While there, we stumbled onto Copacabana, a place they had never been to. At that time, we just wanted a snack and the the restaurant was just about to close to prepare for diner service - but we all got some café con leche and buttered pan cubano. Just what we needed, the coffee was delicious and the bread just right for dunking. And met my Cuban husband's approval! We knew we'd be back, and during the past year my cousins (who live near Mt. Dora) have been back several times.
So on our visit to FL this year - back to Mt. Dora & Copa. A wonderful lunch was had by all, and the Cuban Mojito was perfect. I think between us we had Masitas de Puerco, tamales with ropa vieja, arroz con pollo, and something else. All excellent, some of the best Cuban food we've had at a restaurant.

1  Thank cdc