“Wonderful cuban food”

Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Cuban cuisine! Opened since 2009! Delicious and fresh home cooking! Great quality! Voted best mojitos and Cuban sandwich in Central Florida! We take reservations for Special Occasions! We hold large parties!(Indoors & Outdoors seating!) Experienced staff!
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We saw a sidewalk sign for the restaurant, and walked in off the street. Prior to arriving in town, I had viewed some online restaurant choices and this was one of them. It was a beautiful weather out, so we sat on the outside patio, where we were quickly seated and given menus. Fried cuban bread slices immediately followed. This was on a Thursday about 1:00, so it wasn't crowded. We ordered off the lunch menu, which had plenty of choices and good portions. I had ropa vieja. So good. Hubby had a cuban fried potato ball stuffed with meat. It could have had more meat stuffed in, but the flavorful mashed potato was yum. We both had the black beans/rice and sweet plantains. The server brought out 2 containers of sauces. One was like a chimichurri and one was maybe a habenero mango concoction. I had to contain myself by not drinking them directly from the container. They each were flavorful (galicy) and hot & sweet. The server was very attentive. I ordered a shot esspreso. Delish! It was very creamy and sweet. Perfecto. It's on my return, to-do list.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Copacabana was a nice surprise. We were craving for Latin food and found this restaurant.
Tasty food but not exceptional, however portions were huge and very reasonable price. I had the "vaca frita " and my daughter ordered a Churrasco that was incredibly juicy and tender. Worthwhile the visit.

1  Thank Chispi23
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Enjoyed the food, had the mastitas, (fried pork chunks) came with a salad and grilled onions as an app it was plenty for an entree. A good deal at $6
Ordered a margherita, $4.50, came in a small wine glass (8oz size) by the time the glass was filled with ice, I'd say they are pouring about a 3 oz drink ! Not such a good value....

1  Thank Amannianx
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wonderful food. Wonderful ambiance. Great location for walking. Prices are excellent. Staff are SO nice, it's a total pleasure!

1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Copacabana is where my children want to eat immediately when they visit Mt Dora!! My recommendations are to start with the sampler platter which is delicious ! All entrees are great, but save room for wonderful desserts, too. Our last visit had strolling musicians singing table side for a memorable evening.

1  Thank mdgolfer81