“Better Cuban food in Tampa”
Review of Copacabana

Copacabana
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Cuban cuisine! Opened since 2009! Delicious and fresh home cooking! Great quality! Voted best mojitos and Cuban sandwich in Central Florida! We take reservations for Special Occasions! We hold large parties!(Indoors & Outdoors seating!) Experienced staff!
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Sorry guys...we have truly found way better cuban food elsewhere. We stopped in for lunch and although the prices were not bad, the dishes were average. My "cuban" sandwich had ONE pickle on it...I had to actually ask for more. The meat on it was very scarce. The black beans were more "soupy" than I prefer, but the plantains were great! The place was average busy and seemed to have locals dining.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Outstanding food, great service, nice people, fair prices. Don't pass this one up

3  Thank jebarnes
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My 78 yoa father-in-law wanted to take us to this restaurant. He loved (and misses) the "real" cuban food he had for many years in Ybor district of Tampa. The Copacabana has great Cuban sandwiches. The black beans are a bit bland but the service was good, very quick delivery of our food and the Cuban sandwiches were very very good. We didn't try any drinks or dessert but the basics (service, cuban sandwiche, fries and atmosphere) were all very good.

Mount Dora is a cute town with lots to do, and see (and eat or drink) and this restaurant fits well into the downtown ambiance... Very nice find.

4  Thank Bmcgnh
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

This was a great way to end the day. We got a variety of dishes and shared. The shrimp creole was outstanding. I got a specialty dish which was a steak stuffed with chorizo and served with a delicious sauce - I've never had anything like it and like it I did. My wife had something along the lines of deep fried potato dumplings which were also very tasty. All was served with fried plantains which I have had before, but these were easily the best I've ever had. We ended the meal by splitting a guava bread pudding - also new to me and delicious. I would go again in a heartbeat.

4  Thank Randwintex
Reviewed May 31, 2012

It's unfortunate, but the new Cuban arrivals only know Sason Completo to flavor their food. There's no distinction between different dishes, other than the main ingredient. That is, they use the same for pork, beef, chicken. The server was rude; he said was the owner's son-in-law and that's no reason to be arrogant. Pulling a Cuban recipe out of the Internet would've been more authentic.

1  Thank ivlamima