“Dogs and Wine..who could ask for more?!!”
Review of The Cellar Door

The Cellar Door
Ranked #2 of 3 Nightlife in Mount Dora
More attraction details
Owner description: “To take wine into our mouths is to savor a droplet of the river of human history” -Clifton Fadiman What is behind The Cellar Door? The cellar door is the keeper of treasures; a hideaway for heirlooms and things touched by age and memory. Things you don’t find anywhere else. Wine is the draught of history. Wine brings friends together at the dinner table and brightens the spirit. Wine, through a sense of companionship, brings people closer. In the words of Homer, “Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.” At The Cellar Door we welcome you with a smile on our faces and a glass in hand, inviting you in to a friendly place where you can sample beautiful wines from around the world, sit and enjoy a glass, and bring home a bottle to share with family and friends. We invite you to go behind our cellar door to discover a cozy den of wonderful wines presented in a comfortable, inviting space. A space where, perhaps, you will find more than wine. Perhaps you will find new friends. “Come with me while the wine shop is still open. We are dizzy with meeting each other.” -Jalaluddin Rumi
picollini67
“Dogs and Wine..who could ask for more?!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I love this place so much that I fly down from DC several times a year to enjoy the wine, patrons and great owners (they know their wine) at the Wine Den!! I highly recommend if you are planning a trip or just going for the day to visit the Wine Den!! Great atmosphere and if you want a good taste of fine wine, you can't miss with this place!

Odessa, FL
“MUST GO”
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Stumbled upon this quaint Wine Shop while visiting Mt. Dora last month. They had a FANTASTIC selection of wine. Tasted several great wines that I had never heard of before, all were great and a real value. The store is well laid out and the staff made us feel at home. Great prices and great product

Ft. Lauderdale
“Great Experience!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I ended up in Mount Dora at the suggestion of a friend since I was staying in the greater Orlando area for business he had mentioned it. Walking to dinner I passed the Wine Den and doubled back and am I glad I did. Great wine selection and a great customer service experience. The owners really made me feel welcome and were happy to recommend wines that I would enjoy. I would definitely stop in there again whenever I am in the Orlando area and would urge anyone who wants to get away from Orlando to do the same.

Ask for Christina or Eric (The proprietors) and they will no doubt take great care of you.

Palm Beach
“My dog and I LOVE The Wine Den!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Bring your canine companion to "Yappy Hour" the third Friday of every month for a relaxing evening of wine and friendship with other dog lovers. The owner, Christina, treats you like you're a guest in her own home. The ambiance is cozy and inviting. You must not miss this place if you love wine and good conversation!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best place to meet people and enjoy a glass of wine with new friends!”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

This was our first trip to Mt. Dora and we stopped in the Wine Den on Friday afternoon. The owner, Christina, was so welcoming and friendly. We had a wonderful, reasonably priced glass of wine and wound up returning again after dinner that night and the next. We met wonderful, friendly people and both Christina and Eric made us feel comfortable and as if they really appreciated our business. This is one of the best places to visit in Mt. Dora!! You will immediately feel like you have made a new friend. We highly recommend it and will certainly make it one of our first stops when we return next time!!!