“Pretty good for a small town in Central Florida.”
Review of PizzAmore

PizzAmore
Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The first of your sensory experiences is that awesome smell that greets you on arrival. Is that garlic roasting or the scent of fresh dough baking in the oven that’s making your mouth water? You’re overwhelmed with that stimulating sight; the pure pleasing picture of your pizza just coming out of the oven – you’re mesmerized! You just keep looking at it because it’s so pretty - you’re not sure you even want to cut into it! You cannot wait any longer - your patience fades and you indulge your taste buds with the wonderful bursts of warm, fresh flavors that dance in your mouth. Yes, you’ve just fallen in love – pizza love – also known as PizzAmore!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff were friendly and courteous, earning the bump from okay to very good. The Pizza was pretty good, especially for the location. If it were in NYC or Chicago or SoFla, the pizza rating would've been lower. But, in a small town in Central Florida...giv'em a break, besides their garlic knots were pretty damn good. The pizza crust was just a little different...soft and fluffy, almost yeasty...it was just different than NY style, but good. Small indoor area with outdoor patio tables and picnic tables...very pleasant setting, very family friendly, very nice staff! I'd go back if I'm ever in Mt Dora again. If I lived there, I'd probably make it my go-to pizza joint.

There are newer reviews for PizzAmore

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went in for lunch and my wife had lasagna and I tried the pizza.
The lasagna was ok, nothing more( she wished afterwards she had ordered a pizza).
Pizza was very good and tasty.
Not the best we´ve had but would give them a second try.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you are looking for a family-friendly restaurant that caters to the grown-ups as well then check out Pizzamore in downtown Mt. Dora. The decor is definitely eclectic, with drawings of pizza done in crayon by children adorning the walls alongside beautiful works of art. I visited the restaurant on a casual date with my boyfriend recently and just loved the atmosphere. We got to sit outside on the patio at picnic tables under umbrellas. The weather was beautiful outside and the temperature was just right. Our waiter, Shaylah, suggested some scrumptious craft beers to start us off as well as a house-made sangria with fresh fruit in it. I ordered the Chicken Giardino Salad, a bed of romaine lettuce with sliced onions, fresh tomatoes, and a cheese-encrusted baked chicken breast all covered in a delicious balsamic vinaigrette. My boyfriend had "Sloppy Wings", chicken wings with Pizzamore's own version of wing sauce, which is a mix of their buffalo as well as garlic-parmesan sauces. The wings went great with their amazing garlic knots, which are drenched in olive oil and chunks of freshly chopped garlic. For dessert we shared a huge creme brulee, brought to our table with a hot and crispy caramel top!! The food was superb and the service exemplary. I will certainly be returning here for meals in the near future!

1  Thank Moonah V
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have had pizza all over the world and never had anything so good anywhere. I have no idea how they do it, but it is rich and VERY yummy. Our lovely waiter, Gil, advised us and we had the best meal - an extra large pizza, wings, salad and knots with 2 beers (craft or regular) for $35 and there was enough left over for another meal that night. One of the owners, a tall friendly chap, was there and I suspect that is one of the reasons the place is a success. I would go to Mt Dora just to eat there and I wish they delivered the 200 miles between us. Gil and the rest of the staff were friendly, funny and engaging without being intrusive. The bespoke beers are fun to try but it is the pizzas that are worth the trip. We may have to revisit soon.

1  Thank micheleielliott
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Every time my wife and I go to Mount Dora we make it a point to stop at PizzAmore....This was trip five and I must say we very much enjoyed the salad the pizza and the wonderful friendly service...not to mention the large slice of cheese cakes. We will, without question, continue to keep PIZZAMORE on our must stop at places...

1  Thank Jack M