“Making it work”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Largo, Florida
“Making it work”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Interesting experience. I wish I could give it a 2.5 rating. It is a family run business. This is truly a matter of making it work to make a living. There is only so much one can do with "old and worn." However, everything was really clean! That is what made it work for us. We only needed a place to sleep since we were about town all the time. The price was right. We had a kitchenette. Clean towels delivered daily. Housekeeping was wonderful. Never checked out the pool so can't speak to that. A/C very loud. Had rhythm of its own that eventually one could sleep with. Management was not so friendly, but accomplished what needed to be done. Smiles hard to come by. Not sure I'd do it again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank clrwmary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2014

the management there was very rude
and quite obnoxious I do not understand
how they stay in business
the room was substandard with roaches crawling the walls
I complained and was told there was nothing they could do
I will never return to this dump again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Jack J

Travelers are raving about these Mount Dora hotels

Washburn
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Reviews I read before booking were positive, but we found the place to be dirty. Wouldn't ever recommend. The desk clerk was friendly, but we should have asked to see the room first. Would not have stayed. Also charged $20 for pet which was pretty expensive from other places. Didn't see anything about "free breakfast" but wouldn't have eaten anything there anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary D
mt dora
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Worst stay ever! The staff use it as a house and smoke without care who is around. The office with so called "free" breakfast and coffee was locked from 8 pm until nearly 11 the next morning mind you your supposed to be checked out at 11! There was never breakfast or coffee not that I would drink or eat anything here because of the cock roaches! The manager told us that she only makes breakfast for certain people and we weren't them. We wouldn't even allow our dogs on the floor they slept in the rock hard beds with us. We would have left and paid for a different room but we didn't have the money because they are very over priced. One of the front desk ladies originally checking us in only charged us for 2 dogs knowing we had 3 then the manger/owner came and yelled at us calling us liars and telling us she was watching us with cameras and only our room had them. Stay away from this place they are filthy and rude.

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank lil_red08
OCALA
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Booked in a hurry and thought it was Econo Lodge. Traveled with a service dog and was put in the worst room they had because of the dog. Filthy carpet, moldy bathroom rusty, bent lamp, cracks around the door and air conditioner and the room smelled moldy. I hated for our clean dog to even lay on the nasty carpet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank HAL P
Manasquan
Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a dump! After a long hard day of work, we thought this was an EconoLodge and needed a place that would accommodate the tractor trailer as well as being pet friendly. The room was cheap enough and the pet fee was $20 which I thought was a bit high for what we ended up getting for the evening. First impression is that the elderly man working there was up my *** from the moment I walked in. The woman behind the desk was efficient and quick to check us in but as it had gotten later in the evening, I noticed they locked the office and you had to get a room by the window only. What can I say about our room! It was awful! Second impression - dead roach squashed on the toilet floor. The cat remained occupied chasing a variety of bugs most of the night but for the most part, even HE didn't want to be on the floor! There was a fridge and microwave but they looked nasty and unusable. The bathroom had rust and mold around the tub area and any amenities (towels, soap, etc) was at a minimum. The bed and linens needed to be replaced - or burned! The following morning, seeing the hotel in daylight, we noted it is more or less a place for low income people to spend time. Chairs, ashtrays, rubbish, shoes, etc. all lined the walkways. Avoid this place like the plague!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or sleep in your car! There are no good rooms at this place!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ginny110411
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First off, they were over priced and the only reason I booked a reservation is I mistook this place for "Econo Lodge". The amenities as described online were grossly exaggerated. In fact, when I arrived I could tell low income families reside there. There was a rusty lamp situated on either side of the bed and the semi clogged bathtub fills with water ankle high while you shower. Lastly, if for whatever reason you decide to still patronize this establishment, be certain to get your drivers license/ID back from them after check in. The front desk clerk kept mine and called me to retrieve it when I was already hours away. Do yourself a favor and book a room elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Inn on the Green
Inn on the Green
#6 of 8 in Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Budget Lodge of Mount Dora? Share your experiences!