“It is so dirty, It's so dim, It is terrible!!! I'm warning you”

Budget Lodge of Mount Dora
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Oslo, Norway
“It is so dirty, It's so dim, It is terrible!!! I'm warning you”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We have to buy a desk lamp because the lightning in the room was so poor. The hallways are so dirty, full of trash and cigarretes butts. The door room was in bad shape, very dirty and with cracks in it. It took a long time for the room to cool off because the A/C is old and didn't run very well. The furniture, terrible,I couldn't even sit on it, it looked sooooo dirty!!. The bath tub didn't have a mat and I could see all the dirt on the tub, no way I could even think of putting my feet on it, there were bugs , too. IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank 383Nielsen383

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Walker, Minnesota
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We had a reservation for a room with king bed but found the plumbing under the vanity to be leaking on to the floor in the bathroom. The only room they could move us to was one next to the laundry with two double beds.

This is a old hotel that I would guess was originally built in the 60's and is in need of lots of work. Price is very low so I guess you do get what you pay for. Rooms have stucco walls that at the very least need cleaning or a paint job. Every plugin is used for lamps, microwave, alarm clock, fridge, etc. Furniture is very aged.

Outdoor pool is very nice and very well kept up. Quite a positive contrast to the condition of many other things.

Owners are very, very nice and appear to be trying to update units as they are able to but there's so much to be done that it's tough to recommend unless the traveler is able to overlook a lot of deficencies and a general lack of cleanliness. The room we were moved to had new carpet, bed coverings and also new bathtub/shower. Unfortunately, that was offset by the airconditioner that was almost falling out the fall, the aged furniture in the room, dirty walls, ceiling and the outer door with the two-tone paint job resulting from the paint peeling off it.

If you are willing to put up with these issues to get a low cost room, then I can recommend it. This would be good for the low cost traveler, temporary housing or someone looking for a hotel that gives a taste of hotels from 50 years ago. Otherwise you can do better but it'll cost you more. Maybe if the owners get much more renovating done soon, then others can give a better recommendation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank northernRaven

Travelers are raving about these Mount Dora hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The people who ran the hotel were really nice and friendly, especially to 2 foreign people who have never been to this part of Florida before.

The location is great, just beside the highway (with occasion views of the highway patrol hiding around there to catch speeding cars).

The rooms are spacious with amenities (Fridge and microwave) I have never seen any motels having them. The microwave came in handy when we arrived late on the first night and only have 2 cup noodles.

Rooms are clean and decent, at least for us. We were also pleasantly surprised to get a set of Garnier Shampoo and conditioner trial packet for each night we stayed.

For the rates they are charging, it is really value for money!

Room Tip: I prefer the ground level rooms especially if you have a heavy luggage.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank queenestelle
bronson florida
Reviewed August 14, 2011

beautiful new pool and friendly staff will go a long way. the room was clean and the staff is working hard all the time. the price was the best deal in town! We will be back next year.
thanks guys!
mj and v.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mary c
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My family arrived in Florida in early July, intending to relocate here from Maine. We needed short-term housing from which to give us a base of operations while we searched for a permanent home. The Ecom Lodge provided that base affordably, and were very helpful and friendly. They treated us with respect, which I could not say about other places we stayed before we got here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Crashcromwell
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Totally sucks! My worst hotel experience ever. When I opened the door to a 90 degree room I knew I was in trouble. Half of the lights didn't work, and it smelled. When I pulled back the sheets I was disgusted to find some type of thick brown hair in the bed as well as a bug. When I spoke to the over night manager he told me that was the best room they had. Really?!!! I immediately asked to cancel my 3 day reservation in which he replied that he could not because of Priceline's involvement. According to Priceline he could have refunded me whenever he wanted to. So long story short, I paid $45 to sleep in my rental car in a McDonald's parking lot down the street. Boooo!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Best Western about 5 minutes west.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ShaneKM
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I am a frequent visitor of mount dora.. I had a bad experience last time..now i saw new management working hard for the service of the customer..the room was clean.. the place is very quiet..i hope they keep it this way..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Inn on the Green
Inn on the Green
#6 of 8 in Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Budget Lodge of Mount Dora? Share your experiences!