“Horrible experience!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Florida
“Horrible experience!”
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I stayed at this location a few weeks ago and could not experience a worse motel than this one...First off, there is no restaurant available in the area and the hotel is located in the middle of no where. I hope you do not get hungry because you will have no options to eat anything besides chips from the gas station adjacent to the hotel. When we attempted to check in, there was NO OFFICE! The motel management has converted a regular bedroom into an office which is something I have never seen before; you can still see the bed frames nailed to the wall. When we checked into the room, I saw urine stains all over the bathroom floor and hair all over the bathtub! I then attempted to go to sleep where I found pink stains and additional hairs all over the bedsheets. The room also smelled like someone had been smoking in it very recently. I called down to the front desk to get someone to help me but no one answered the phone. A couple hours later, I woke up again to see police cars all over the parking lot. I was told there was a robbery that had occurred that very same night. When I asked the front desk attendant about security, she told me there was a video camera which was no more than a webcam. I checked out right away and I hope I never have to see that dreadful motel ever again. I strongly advise against booking with this motel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank johnsonfl240

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2009

The Hotel is good and clean place to spend a night without an unpleasant surprise. Include hot breakfast in a nearby restaurant, but no ice or vending machines. I went to FSU and all Hotels in Tallahassee had higher rates, unavailable and poor recommendations. The Quality Inn, Monticello it’s not fancy, but is affordable, clean and nearby Tallahassee.I will stay again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Large room with two queen sized beds. The room was very clean, as well as the towels and linens. The employees were
very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again. I was stay there twice in the month of July, 2009.

A. Freitag

Jersey Shore
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Almost new hotel off I-10. Front desk is actually a guest room set up with office furniture. Ok for a one night road stop but there is nothing else around. You have to drive 15 miles to get to restaurants. Breakfast is in an old truck stop next to the hotel. Very nice people and good service but a little too rustic for us. Hotel is very good but we don't recommend it due to the remote location.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed March 2, 2009

We stopped over one night. This is a good solid no frills place to spend the night. Our room was well maintained and clean and the bed was comfortable. It’s very convenient to the Interstate but there’s not a lot else around the hotel except a gas station, little restaurant (that closes early in the evening) and a Subway sandwich shop. The hotel gave us a coupon for a free breakfast at the nearby restaurant and the food was excellent.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Good things: Great bed, good shower, plenty of cable TV stations, outstanding housekeeping staff that knows how to clean and tries to fit your schedule rather than vice versa. The town just south of the motel (Lloyd) is pretty interesting from a historical perspective. Lots of old restored homes and some amazing live oak trees.
Not so good things: King-size rooms are small. The breakfast is really ordinary. No good restaurants close by.

• Liked — interesting location, clean motel
  • Disliked — small room size
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 7, 2008

We found the place in one of those traveler coupon books and were attracted because of the new rooms. The place was extremely clean and comfortable to stay in and we received a coupon for free breakfast at the truckstop down the way. I wish all hotels could be this clean.

Stayed May 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Super 8 Monticello
#23 of 58 in Tallahassee
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!