“Good location, uncomfortable bed :/”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The room was nice, big parking for oversized trucks, but the king size BED had the PLASTIC COVER over the mattress! It was so uncomfortable and cold to sleep on :( In addition the coffee machine was dirty, the tub was gunky and the towels were yellowish.
The facility it self is nice and seems newer, but needs to be thoroughly cleaned!

• Stayed: March 2014
Econo M, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to answer our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I want to apologize for not having to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will use the feedback that you have provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our customers in the future.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Best Regards,

Daisy Morcillo
receipt
Econolodge

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Twice last fall we tried to reserve a room at this hotel for an FSU football game and arrived to find that the reservation had been cancelled. The first time, the credit card that I used for the reservation had been cancelled and I had a new credit card number. I forgot about the card on file since the reservation had been made many months before. I was not notified about the cancellation, although my email address and phone were on file. I was able to secure the last room on the property by paying 4 times the price at which I had reserved the room. At that time I was not sure that the hotel was at fault but I did not have a good feeling about the honesty of the owner. The second time, I realized that my credit card used to reserve was not correct so I called Choice Hotels to change the card. I was told to notify the hotel directly. My husband called the hotel, changed the card on file, and asked for a new confirmation to be emailed to us, which it was. This was about 4 days before arrival. When we arrived, the woman at the desk, who I believe was the manager, told us our reservation had been cancelled. We tried to argue our point but she was adamant and rude and said that there were no rooms left. I finally told her that I would have to post a review on Tripadvisor and she told me that there would be repercussions to that. She was actually threatening me! Fortunately we had made an alternative reservation in Tallahassee that time so we had somewhere to stay. (By the way, the cancelled credit card was on my reservation at Staybridge Suites and the reservation was not cancelled!) I emailed Choice Hotels' customer service, and they never responded. Unbelievable!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

We apologize for your experience. I am not sure which reservation being discussed many months later. Hotel is mandated buy choice systems and credit card processor restrictions. I am glad that other hotel was able to accommodate you. At times, customers do make multiple reservations at multiple properties with expired credit card.
We are looking forward to serve you in future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Like many other reviewers have said, this place is a gem. High marks on nearly every review. Those that aren't positive, seem to have basically one complaint that the owners had little control over - e.g. booking mistakes that were not the motel's fault or possible miscommunication (e.g. leaving a "do not disturb" sign on the door). This motel is MUCH better than any Econo Lodge we've ever stayed in. We booked it with Choice rewards so it was a free night but the listed price was reasonable. Large room, very clean, fridge, microwave, very comfortable beds, quiet, friendly front desk with Christmas cookies, adequate breakfast (too high carb for me), good coffee. Very convenient to I-10, Only complaint - FOX news in the breakfast room, but they changed it to CNN when we asked;-) If they must offer FOX on the channel selections, they could at least balance it with MSNBC -- or choose to not offer either;-) We're still marking this as a place to stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Ms. Judy,
You truly made a day by visiting us and giving such a gracious feedback. Out staff feels motivated to serve guests again many many years to come.
Thank you.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

While we found the amenities clean we were dissapointed with the service. We checked in late 12/13/13 and went out that morning.When we returned around 11pm that night we realised no am room service was received. Everything was just as we left it including the tip on the table.we notified front desk and requested clean towels to take a shower. we were forced to use the same towels we used before as room service showed up over an hour later.We wrote a written complaint as the manager was offsite but have not heard from them to this day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Our hotel staff do not enter stay over guest's room if they leave "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.
We are happy to ptovide extra linens any time of the night by front desk attendant. It seems there was a mis-communication and we apologize for that. If you give us another opportunity ,we wil make sure we will provide best service.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Clean, comfortable and conveniently located off of I-75. Lady at check in was very pleasant and professional.

Only complaints:
1. The "continental" breakfast wasn't Vegan friendly but not a lot of places cater to my lifestyle. I was able to grab a banana and an apple, so I was happy in the end. It was great they offered fresh fruit!!!!
2. Also there was a knocking noise coming from the bathroom area. I think it might of been the pipes. It was hard to fall asleep for a while because of the noise but I eventually did.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Econo M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing vegan needs. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback for breakfast you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had made a reservation on choicehotels.com for Friday - Sunday, November 01 - 03, 2013 for the weekend of the Miami - Florida State game. Bear in mind, the nearest hotel with available rooms for the weekend was in Lake City 90 miles to the east. We reserved 4 rooms at a rate of $79/night. Two rooms were confirmed with two people in them, two were reserved as singles. This obviously equals 6 people, which is the exact number of people in our party. On Monday October 28, 2013 we faxed the reservation information to the hotel to confirm the reservations. When we arrived on Friday November 01, 2013, the lady who works the desk said she didn't have the fax but she did confirm receiving it. She said the reservation only had one person in each room totaling four people. She said it would change the rate significantly and on top of that we would have to pay an additional $30 per person per night for the extra people. Why would she try to do that when on every door in your hotel it says an extra person it $10 per person per night? We showed her the hotel reservation that was stored on my friend's smart phone that showed the correct amount of people that we had reserved for which was six. We felt like the hotel was trying to rip us off because it was a game weekend and not another hotel was available for 90 miles.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

The reservation was made and can be honored to the guest listed on the reservation, and the room could only be given to the guest after the verification with picture Id is shown.
The reservation and the rooms cannot be given to any other person except the person listed on the reservation. The appropriate number of people has to be claimed because of security purposes. The rate structure has an algorithmic, which depends and varies on calendar events. I want to apologize for any convenience that we caused you, however we have policies with in the network.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family stopped here on the way to our Disney World vacation, and were so happy with the room and the service that we made sure to stay here again on our way back home. The management was friendly and professional, and went out of their way to be welcoming. The rooms were fresh, clean, and well-appointed, the beds were large and comfortable... I only wished that the accommodations at the mid-range Disney Resort we stayed at were a fraction as nice as this little gem. Oh, and they gave us a breakfast voucher for the little hole in the wall diner across the parking lot - let me tell you, the biscuits they served were the tastiest, most delicious griddle-fried biscuits I have ever eaten in my life, and I'm a "big-boned" lady from the Deep South, so I know a thing or two about biscuits.

Room Tip: The Interstate side was surprisingly quiet.